Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have my 4 week old son because of Dr.Martin at the soft clinic. He is a very nice man. Every decision about what route to take was made by me with Dr.Martin making sure I was very informed. The staff there are wonderful as well.

Expert Forum User

I went to the SOFT Clinic to conceive ODS and then was surprised by YDS but had early pregnancy follow up there (I'm a high order recurrent miscarrier) and my sister has an almost one year old she conceived with help from soft and is pregnant with her second after going there again. The earlier hours were good for me because I had to go in before work and I really liked the staff, my sister does too. She says Pat still asks about me whenever she goes in.
    Alicia
    Mommy to Summer, Avery, and Bentley

I would do your own very thorough research on the clinic.
    It has been discussed in these threads before as well - search the thread SOFT sued?

SOFT clinic sent patients to Dr Frank (Dr Martin's wife) for medical procedures while her licence was under restrictions.

A doctor/patient ethics would be huge in my opinion, and trust in my doctor to guide me in treatment.

Also, Im not sure if people are aware, another option is Fertility Ontario. Also located in London.
    Dr McNaught previously worked at SOFT. (and no Im not in any way advertising as I do not know the doctor or the clinic). Just pointing out there are other options.

Fertility Ontario - London's Best Infertility and Reproductive Fertility Clinic
    ~ Mamabear to twins! ~

I just also noticed Dr Rebel and Dr Feyles on the doctor list at Fertility Ontario. I believe they used to or still do head the fertility clinic at UH
    Last edited by canadiangirl; 05-24-2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    ~ Mamabear to twins! ~

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post
    I just also noticed Dr Rebel and Dr Feyles on the doctor list at Fertility Ontario. I believe they used to or still do head the fertility clinic at UH
    Dr Rebel is in fertility at Vic. Or it's another doctor with the same name, but I know there is a Dr Rebel there who works in fertility.
    Last edited by IsisBaily; 05-24-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Expert Forum User

Fertility Ontario is the same clinic/doctors that were at UH. They've just moved now to be where the women's health department for LHSC is.

Quote Originally Posted by IsisBaily View Post
    Dr Rebel is in fertility at Vic. Or it's another doctor with the same name, but I know there is a Dr Rebel there who works in fertility.
    Thanks! You could be right, I know that doctors have been moving around. my own OB is now at Vic. I could be wrong that they headed the UH fertility clinic, maybe someone else could confirm. Either way they are at Fertility Ontario as well
    ~ Mamabear to twins! ~

Quote Originally Posted by doda94 View Post
    Fertility Ontario is the same clinic/doctors that were at UH. They've just moved now to be where the women's health department for LHSC is.
    Was McNaught part of the UH team? I know for sure he worked at SOFT
    Last edited by canadiangirl; 05-24-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    ~ Mamabear to twins! ~

Expert Forum User

Oh, that could be but when I was last seen at UH (just a little over 3 years ago). Powers/Feyles were there for sure........ not positive about Rebel...... did she used to be an OB/GYN in Sarnia?

Powers and Feyles have been with the UH clinic for probably about 10ish+ years....... Sorry, not sure about McNaught.

when you go to soft, do they send you for blood work to see if you have ovulated? if so, what days would they typically send ou?

also, what are the steps they take when you start going there?

Expert Forum User

All fertility clinics are going to start with BW and US and Hysterosalpingogram (sp?) to ensure that your fallopian tubes are open for eggs/sperm to pass through..... that's very routine.

Avoid Dr. Rebel at all costs even if he visit is free. She is very mean. Her bed side manner is worse than Dr. Usher. I waited over 3 hours to see her. She walked in the room with no apology or explanation why I was kept waiting. All she said was “I read your chart and their is no hope for you. You are wasting your time and ours“ She then walked out of the room. She obviously was wrong.....as I am a mom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12