Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dr. Martin at soft clinic

I met my new gp today, and asked her who she would send me to for fertility treatments when and if the time comes. She mentioned she usually uses dr. martin at the soft clinic

has anyone had him? what is he like? success, no success? i read alot of compalints on rate md.. but wanted to hear from some people personally.

I have a friend who used Dr. Martin, they had luck with getting pregnant.

Expert Forum User

I would have them send me to UH fertility clinic before going to SOFT. That is just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by elliesmom View Post
    I would have them send me to UH fertility clinic before going to SOFT. That is just my opinion though.
    Does this clinic still exist? I was on the 9th floor of UH a couple weeks ago, and the whole area was tarped off. The EPAU, which ran out of the same office, was moved to victoria hospital, as this clinic too?

I have both of my babies thanks to SOFT. Overall I was really happy with them and recommend them. Everything is in one location unlike the one at University hospital.

I know the university clinic moved but not sure where. I think to Victoria hospital.
    Proud mom to ds born Sept. 2009 and dd born May 2012

Expert Forum User

Yes, the UH Fertility Clinic has relocated to the new Women's Health area at Vic.

Chantelle, on here, I believe is a fertility nurse but I'm not sure which clinic she works with. (SOFT, I think but that's a guess.)

I've heard both good and bad about SOFT. I know a woman who went through numerous IVF procedures at the Vic clinic and had no success. They had one try left so they went to SOFT and successfully conceived twins.

SOFT seems much more aggressive to me than the Vic clinic so I suppose it depends on what kind of approach that you want to take.

I see many threads on here started by you about conceiving.... how long have you been TTC?

we are on month 8 right now.. i turn 31 in a few months... so tick tock tick tock. I also have stomach/adbomen issues that have been undiagnosed (have had 2 ultrasounds, a barium test, and xrays and they have found nothing...my stomach is tense all the time... i think its stress... but not sure... i think my new dr is going to try to get to the bottom of it... i hate my job, hate my boss with a passion...he is the cause of my stomach issues.

Expert Forum User

My gf went with Dr Martin & can't say enough wonderful things about him. She is the proud mom of twins.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

Expert Forum User

I went to SOFT for my second pregnancy. I was very lucky to have gotten pregnant relatively quickly with their help (med adjustments, cycle monitoring and internal u/s). I had Dr. Martin and he is a very kind man. He listens and answers questions. The staff was great as well.

good experience with Dr Martin here too

thanks for all your help ladies... puts me at ease if thats the route i have to end up going with!

Very happy mom of twins here... thanks to the SOFT clinic!!

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

I have a “friend“ who has a lawsuit against Dr martin...Pretty sure its because of him she can't have anymore children

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Hame View Post
    I have a “friend“ who has a lawsuit against Dr martin...Pretty sure its because of him she can't have anymore children
    There have been some reports in the media of one woman, in particular, that successfully had one pg under Dr. Martin's treatment and is now unable to have more after MANY attempts to have another pregnancy. This has been discussed on the forum previously and that woman had to CHOOSE to allow him to be that aggressive with her treatment. I think it all depends on just how desperate you are to have your own biological child/ren.

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

Quote Originally Posted by doda94 View Post
    There have been some reports in the media of one woman, in particular, that successfully had one pg under Dr. Martin's treatment and is now unable to have more after MANY attempts to have another pregnancy. This has been discussed on the forum previously and that woman had to CHOOSE to allow him to be that aggressive with her treatment. I think it all depends on just how desperate you are to have your own biological child/ren.
    Do not think we are talking about the same woman....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast