Expert Forum User

Default Child support and taxes

So my Ex is supposed to give me a copy of his taxes from the government by the beginning of May each year, each and every year it is a fight to get it, I have to constantly harass him, he will ignore me and not even acknowledge that I am asking for the papers.

So far this year I am still waiting, it is in our court order that he do it, but how do I enforce it? Not that he has acknowledged the texts I have sent him but I have given him until this week to get them to me before I take some kind of action. I know he has gotten the texts as he has responded to any questions I have about the kids in between my nagging.

Any ideas? I have no idea how to get him to do what he actually has to do.

Expert Forum User

Cops? Maybe call the non-emerge line and just let them know you need help enforcing court orders?

Otherwise I'm not really sure what you can do.. :s

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by IsisBaily View Post
    Cops? Maybe call the non-emerge line and just let them know you need help enforcing court orders?

Otherwise I'm not really sure what you can do.. :s
    Cops enforce criminal law NOT family law.

Isis the ONLY time a cop can be involved on family law matter is IF there a clause about “court enforceable“ which only ever happens in regards to access.

The best you do is file contempt of court charges every single year, its a PITA but its also the only real thing you can do.

Expert Forum User

File contempt papers, once you serve him he will give them to you, or you go to court.

I have to do this with my ex. But lately I really don't care about his amount he makes, if he wants his support lowered, he will have to take me to court to do so.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

My ex is suppose to and has yet to do so. Its been 5 years, he pays support and I just figure its not worth the fight.
    Good luck

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Expert Forum User

Yup. Contempt motion. I just served my ex with one. It's my first time. Mines because he keeps cancelling visitation. If they aren't following the court order they don't give you any other choice.

Do you want me to have dh ask him??
    Enjoy everyday - they go by way too fast!

Expert Forum User

LOL that would be fantastic. Not sure why everything has to be so darn difficult with him.

Social Media Guru

I don't know what the big deal is with people not giving income tax, we do it every single year but we get up to May 15th to provide it. Even though we always provide it before the date we always get attitude cause his Notice of Assessment is always late (sorry can't control the government) and because my stuff is always blacked out (my income = none of your business until you prove undue hardship which you can't cause your not).

Sorry your having such a hard time with your ex seems like such a silly thing to withhold from someone silly reason to have to go to court over (not you wanting it, him not providing it is what I mean).

Crossing my fingers that the mention of further action is enough to get his a%$ into gear and give you what you are legally required.

My ex has not given mine for 2012 yet lol so I don't expect to receive 2013. The only way to enforce it is via the courts which will be the route I will be taking this time around.

Not a way to enforce it, but a letter from your lawyer may help move the process along faster with him providing you with his income tax.

Ds' father has never once gave me his, nor have I requested it, but it is in his court order. I could just care less at this point.