Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Art credit

  1. #1
    Expert Forum User
    Sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Rep Power

    Default Art credit

    I filed taxes... and put in my child's fitness receipts but I noticed that there's a section for "art credit". Can you tell me more about it, and what receipts would be eligible for it for next year?
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

  2. #2
    Expert Forum User
    strongmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Old North
    Rep Power


    Hi there -

    The art credit is similar to the fitness credit in that it relates to organized activities provided by a third party that run at least 8 weeks or 5 consecutive days.

    The difference is that it's effectively most types of NON fitness activities like music lessons, drama, cooking, leadership, language or academic based programs.

    There isn't a specific list of what's allowable and what's not .... Generally if you can support the notion that the program is designed to develop some type of cultural or creative or art activity and its clearly NOT a fitness activity .... Then claim it.

    Don't hesitate to file an adjustment for 2012 if you think you have an entitlement. Easy peasy to file one.

    Hope that helps!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 09:29 AM
  2. Child tax credit
    By aidensmom in forum General Support/Advice about the Kids!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 11:05 AM
  3. How do you fix your credit?
    By mum_of_four in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM
  4. Tax Credit
    By AuntPetunia in forum Did you hear about... (current events)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 05:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts