Expert Forum User

Default Anyone interested in a portrait photography class?

I was going to be taking this class through Fanshawe,
    PHOT-9067 - Want to create great formal and informal portraits of children, families, weddings? Or do you need help with candid and journalistic portraits? You will explore a variety of available light and flash techniques. In each type, cover the aspects of composition and visual design in people photography and the psychology of successful portrait photography in a variety of situations. The course is assignment based which will result in a portfolio of work. This course is open to all levels of experience in photography.
    it starts tomorrow but there isn't enough people registered so it was cancelled.
    I have contacted him directly (I sort of know him) and he is willing to offer the class to a small group. We would meet once a week for 4 weeks, 6:30-9:30 on Wed. at a decided location in London, $150.
    I have taken other classes at Fanshawe from this instructor and he has another class at Fanshawe right now actually and I love his work and his instruction.

Expert Forum User

That sounds fun actually!
    Hubby wants me to do something fun for myself... hmm.
    The only potential issue would be how sick I've been and how limited I am right now

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I wish I could swing it time wise! Things are too crazy right now with soccer starting in less than 2 wks!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Ya soccer is starting soon so I'm not sure I could manage that...
    I'm wondering who the Prof is and if he's one of my current Profs or not...

Expert Forum User

He has said Monday evenings would work for him as well, if that is better then Wednesdays for anyone. Right now there is two people but we need a couple more to make it run.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by sardam View Post
    He has said Monday evenings would work for him as well, if that is better then Wednesdays for anyone. Right now there is two people but we need a couple more to make it run.
    Nah that wouldn't work for me, only Fridays really but thats the only time I get to see the hubby for the full day.

Expert Forum User

A date and time has been set. It is Monday's May 6th-27th 6:30-9:30, one night will be in a working studio, some of the time will be spent actually shooting the other nights as well, there will be homework/assignments and teaching of course. Fun, nothing too serious but he's very knowledgeable and you will learn plenty.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Bummer I'm already double booked on Monday's in May kids have skating and soccer Sounds great though
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

I just saw this now. Unfortunately spring is not a good time for me to take a night course. I'd be interested if something like this comes up again in the fall or winter!

Sardam- how is the course going so far?

Expert Forum User

I really like it! It is a lot of fun although I really don't have time for the homework, but it is good to push myself to actually do something in the evenings instead of just coming on here, lol. I'm still on the computer, but am editing which is a lot of fun.