Thread: Summer camps

Default Summer camps

Last year DD when to summer camp for three weeks. The first one was a drama camp and then the second one was at a local community centre for two weeks. This year I plan to increase the weeks she attends.

For those who place their child(ren) in summer camp, do you put them in the same one camp all summer or do you change it up? DD loves to meet new people so I don't have a concern that she'll not make any friends. I just wondered if I varied it up, she would have a well-rounded experience with outdoors, arts, drama, swimming, etc.

Any thoughts?

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I haven't sent my kids to camp very often because its not a necessity. My kids do enjoy the fun of them though and gives them a break from each other. I'd ask her what shed like to do. I'm not sure I'd want to spend all my time at the same camp. I'd want to mixit up a little. My kids love going to gymnastics camp. I there something that really interests her that you could check out?
    Last edited by one ordinary girl; 04-23-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

She loved the drama camp but I told her about science camp, soccer camp, outdoors camp.... she so interested in all of them. I guess the only thing is the paperwork I would have to fill out each time and the routine. But perhaps that's more on my end.

I guess I wanted to figure out if a routine of consistent camp would be good just like going to school.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by LoveToBake View Post
    She loved the drama camp but I told her about science camp, soccer camp, outdoors camp.... she so interested in all of them. I guess the only thing is the paperwork I would have to fill out each time and the routine. But perhaps that's more on my end.

I guess I wanted to figure out if a routine of consistent camp would be good just like going to school.
    Summer camps are a necessity for us. I try to add some variety for DD so that it is not just like a school routine. I have found registration to be quite simple for all of the camps we registered for. Last year we did the Children's Museum, YMCA Stoneycreek - they weren't her favourites. We also did camp kidlet and spectrum drama camp which she loved.

We do try to get register for camps that are convenient for drop off and pick up. Based on her preferences from last year, we agreed to the following for this summer:
    - Original Kids - camp kidlet 1/2 days (2 weeks)
    - Drama camp through Spectrum (2 weeks, one at the beginning of the summer and one at the end)
    - Gymworld 1 week

She has 2 weeks with me and 2 weeks with her grandparents.