Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    M2M
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I think I am still in here. Still consistently spotting bright red and now everyday I have thick disgusting brown mucous. All. The. Time. I don't see my OB for another week or so but 2 weeks ago I went to emerg to confirm the miscarriage.... Which I think maybe I update here? But we saw the heartbeat it just may not stay

M2M, stay positive, I had bleeding off and on for my whole first pregnancy. Everything turned out fine, it just really frazzles your nerves!

How many weeks are you? I had brown spotting from weeks 9-12, which, I hear is when the placenta attaches itself to the uterine wall. This is a common reason for spotting.

My OB told me not to worry too much unless I have an actual period (not just spotting) accompanied by moderate to severe cramping.

Think positive!
    Mommy to two beautiful girls!

Just had my 12 week ultrasound today and got to hear the heartbeat! expecting my first dec 20th

Congratz Smiley Jack!

M2M

Omg the nausea and vomiting is kicking my ass. I thought it got better at 12 weeks? Mine has gotten so much worse, and the fatigue....yikes. My baby app lied and said bows the time I would be rid of nausea and have my energy back. This is the worst physically I have felt since becoming pregnant.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by M2M View Post
    Omg the nausea and vomiting is kicking my ass. I thought it got better at 12 weeks? Mine has gotten so much worse, and the fatigue....yikes. My baby app lied and said bows the time I would be rid of nausea and have my energy back. This is the worst physically I have felt since becoming pregnant.
    That's kind of ironic because I was just saying to DH that today I felt more like myself and felt pretty good. I hope it doesn't last too long for you! I know it's difficult to feel that crappy and have other kids to take care of.
    Jodie
    Mom to 3 boys (9, 7 and 4) &
    our little girl (born Dec 2013)
    www.brightmindschildcare.ca
    www.jodie.lovablelabels.ca

I got out on diclectin, but only used it for a few days. I found that the drowsiness side effect was way worse than the nausea I was experiencing, as I had to look after kids still?

My nausea ended at around 12 weeks. I did take a half of gravol (my ob said it was okay) when I really needed it. It took the edge off.

M2M

Well yesterday I went to emerg for what I thought was a migraine. Turns out all the pressure from the vomiting caused my brain to swell on the right side and burst a vessel causing a very small bleed. I was hooked to IVs for the day to bring up my hydration levels, given odansetron through IV, and given a pill to up my electrolyte levels. It's a vicious cycle. A migraine caused the vomiting, which of course the nausea didn't help, then I got dehydrated which added to it. So now I have to try and not vomit until my brain can heal itself.

They also rediagnosed me with hyperemisis gravadarum (you know what I mean lol) and gave me a script for that as well.

Also got to see the baby on the ultrasound machine twice! There were some residents training and they hasn't trained on a positive uterus before, so I was the lucky winner and had them both practice on me. So baby is very much there and alive. It was very very active and looked just like Patrick from spongebob square pants

M2M! That's awful and exciting at the same time!

I am sorry that you had/have to go through that! It sounds awful. But, bad luck turned into something good with the ultrasound eh?

I have had many miscarriages, so I was given ultrasounds every 10 days at the fertility clinic. A negative became a positive!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Karilouise View Post
    I have had many miscarriages, so I was given ultrasounds every 10 days at the fertility clinic. A negative became a positive!
    I wish I could have ultrasounds that often! I had one a couple of weeks ago for dating and I was ok for a few days after that and then I started to get anxious again. I just had another yesterday and I'm ok again but I know in a few days the anxiety will come back. I can't wait until I can feel movement daily so I can reassure myself that everything is ok.

Thinking of you M2M! I hope you can get everything under control soon and start to feel better.
    Jodie

M2M

Any guesses as to what you ladies are having? I'm going to say I have a hunch that we are having a baby lol I have 0 feeling as to what Patrick is (I now call him/her Patrick after the starfish). If I had to put money on something my safe bet is boy, for obvious reasons.

Although by this point with all my boys I had an obvious out right pot belly, this is all sticking around my hips and pouch. A lady at target the other day walked by and told me I'm having a girl (You can't look at me and tell I'm expecting). I chalk it up to her being crazy.

I would though be very very shocked to find out I wasn't having a boy. We've also only picked a boys name. Which was easy because it was our #2 choice for Cooper.

M2M, I am the opposite, I have two girls, my guess would be a girl again, lol. Although, this pregnancy has been different than the last two. I've had more nausea (and for longer), many headaches, etc. The last two seemed easy, but maybe it is because I am older now?
    My DH is hoping for a boy, but we will be happy for whatever comes our way.

We have only picked a girl's name: Reagen.
    For a boy? Maybe Jack, but idk.

M2M

Any anatomy Ultrasounds booked yet? I go see my midwife Thursday and will hopefully be told then when she wants me to go.

I can't believe that I will already be almost 17 weeks before I even see anyone.

Expert Forum User

I just saw the midwife for my second appointment yesterday and heard the baby again. My u/s is booked for August 2 but we're not sure if we're going to find out the gender or not.
    Jodie

My anatomy u/s is booked for MOnday at 9:30am, will know the sex by wednesday (BY EMAIL !!!! )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast