Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: October 2013 Expecting Club

Expert Forum User

I don't know how I'm going to make it to my due date. I am having horribly uncomfortable pains across my stomach and through my back again. Today they haven't been on again off again, they've been more constant, but it's so uncomfortable and nothing helps. I don't know what this little girl is doing in there but oh my goodness.. lol.
    And we're supposed to have another after this one... I'm not going to survive LOL.

Ultrasound says girl! Can't wait! I am on a strict no lifting anything regime... it seems I may have placenta pre via so I have to do a third ultrasound at 28 weeks hope it improves!

Looking to rid chemicals from your home and start living a healthier lifestyle? Message me and I'll show you how![/B]

Expert Forum User

Congrats!!

So does that mean our October club members are all having girls?! That's fun!

Expert Forum User

So I am 23 weeks today, this pregnancy is going by so quickly! It does not seem as though it was that long ago that I had posted about our announcement and shared a vlog post on youtube and my blog! But here we are!

I fell today.. I'm not super concerned because I'm not cramping and baby girl was kicking after I pretty much landed on her.... so I think she's okay. But it hurt!

I am here! Oct 24 Congrats to everyone!!
    IsisBaily likes this.

Expert Forum User

Welcome!
    julyprincess likes this.

04/05/12 & 28/09/12 - Mama loves you, Babies.

Expert Forum User

25 weeks and 2 days today.
    Went and saw the midwife and well... Iíve got good news, and bad news.

The good news isÖÖ
    - My blood pressure was normal this time!

The bad news isÖ.
    - I havenít gained weight in a while and have actually lost some weight.
    - My iron levels are still super low and only 15 points away from the level at which you would receive a blood transfusion, so itís a concern for sure
    - Because of my iron, Iím at risk for pre-term labour.
    - Because of my iron, Iím at risk of being switched to the care of an OB
    - Because of my iron, Iím at risk for hemorrhaging when I give birth and therefore if we cannot get my iron levels to go up I cannot have a home birth.
    I have until my next appointment in 3 weeks to get my iron levels to rise. But Iíve already tried so much with no successÖ 3 different kinds of supplemental pills, most recently a type of liquid supplement, Iíve changed my whole diet to include even more fresh fruits and veggies, weíre eating more red meats, weíve been getting iron rich foods for snacking on rather then packaged junk (minus the occasional bag of chips and most recently a box of donuts from timmies). Iíve been pretty good! So I guess we just keep trying and hope for the best.

Expert Forum User

Have you also increased your intake of Vit C? This can help in the absorption of iron. Also, be aware that calcium in any form (milk, supplements, Tums, etc) can hinder the absorption of iron, so try to take them at least a few hours apart. Which supplements are you taking?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by CMR78 View Post
    Have you also increased your intake of Vit C? This can help in the absorption of iron. Also, be aware that calcium in any form (milk, supplements, Tums, etc) can hinder the absorption of iron, so try to take them at least a few hours apart. Which supplements are you taking?
    Yup Im aware.
    I don't drink milk (so I actually have to up my intake there too), stopped drinking tea months ago, eat tons of fruits, veggies, etc... We've bought orange juice for the Vit C reason now too and I can't stand OJ so this should be fun... I have taken pill supplements: palafer, pregvit, prescribed green iron pills... and have also taken liquid supplements, floravit and it's been recommended we try and get liquid palafer so we're going to look into that.

I don't take any other pills or anything other then my iron stuff.

We have also done a huge overhaul on our diet twice now in an attempt to raise my iron levels.

I've dealt with anemia my whole life and have been close to blood transfusion levels a few times now, so this is nothing new.. it's just irritating that it's causing complications
    Last edited by IsisBaily; 07-05-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Expert Forum User

While preggo with DS I had extremly low iron that kept dropping no matter what I did, with being prggo they did not want to do a blood transfusion, but instead I had IV iron thearpy which I am assuming if you get low enough they will do. As far as I was told by hematology they avoid doing blood transfusions on preggo women.

I had a hemorrhage with my second DD they were aware of all of this and watched me closely after delivery. Also I was unable to up my levels through diet, knowing I get anemic during pregnancy I upped my red meat intake and it did nothing.

anyone else here waiting for their "pregnancy glow?" glad to be in the last trimester at least!!!!

Looking to rid chemicals from your home and start living a healthier lifestyle? Message me and I'll show you how![/B]

Expert Forum User

I am often red in the face...does this count as a "glow?" LOL

Yes, huzzah for 3rd trimester! 10 (or more like 13+, for me) weeks to go!
    Last edited by CMR78; 07-25-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Expert Forum User

I am totally nervous to be in the last trimester haha.
    I feel like theres so much I need to do to finish preparing!

Expert Forum User

Well, went to the midwife today.
    BP: 84/50 which is low and they're checking my iron levels again.
    Babys heart rate was about 130bpm.

Expert Forum User

Holy cow... 29 weeks... this is going by scary fast. lol. I'm totally having anxiety about having 2 kids, but I'm sure I'll be fine.
    Irons still low, only came up 2 points despite our efforts so I'm getting referred to an OB for shared care and possibly iron supplement therapy. They're going to run more blood tests and so on to figure out exactly what is going on and then *hopefully* things will begin to be resolved and I'll still be able to have my home birth!
    In the meantime, still doing everything I can from home to get things moving in the right direction.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast