Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: October 2013 Expecting Club

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default October 2013 Expecting Club

Congratulations and here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User

Firsties!!!

Glad to be posting in here.

04/05/12 & 28/09/12 - Mama loves you, Babies.

Quote Originally Posted by CMR78 View Post
    Firsties!!!

Glad to be posting in here.

LIKE!!!!!!!!

Shelby cant wait for her Cuz to arrive

Expert Forum User

Me too!
    October 16 is the EDD.

Expert Forum User

Think I am right at the end of Oct... think I am around 10 weeks along. Had a dating ultrasound a couple of days ago so may find out a bit different from the midwife!
    I have 4 boys ages 7, 5, and 3 and newborn

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by britmum View Post
    Think I am right at the end of Oct... think I am around 10 weeks along. Had a dating ultrasound a couple of days ago so may find out a bit different from the midwife!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by britmum View Post
    How exciting!!
    That makes 3 of us so far

Anyone else joining the October club?

Expert Forum User

Thanks for the congrats! How are you guys doing with early pregnancy issues? I have had a lot of heartburn and indigestion, also nausea though not too bad on the actual vomiting part. Just have no appetite, not liking to eat meat and just want bland foods like bread and butter lol. Have been unable to stomach coffee.
    I have 4 boys ages 7, 5, and 3 and newborn

Expert Forum User

I felt great at first, didn't feel pregnant at all.
    Then nausea hit like a brick wall and I was taking 6 diclectin a day and struggling to get off the couch. Was hospitalised at one point with horrible cramping - checked the baby and it was okay.
    By 7 weeks I had my first “proper“ ultrasound for dating, I was 7 weeks 1 day. Continued with cramping for a while though, called my midwife in extreme pain (was still getting awful morning sickness too) and she basically told me that if Im going to miscarry then Im going to miscarry (I'd already been told this a few times). Went for my next appt and they couldn't find a heartbeat so went for another emerg-ultrasound and my placenta is anterior.

Im 13 weeks now and morning sickness is FINALLY begining to subside. Enough so that Im not taking my diclectin daily anymore.

Cravings are present but so far not too bad.

See you all at the finish line!!!

Looking to rid chemicals from your home and start living a healthier lifestyle? Message me and I'll show you how![/B]

Expert Forum User

My nausea has returned this week. This whole nausea thing is completely bizarre to me! With the Weehemoth, I couldn't eat enough, often enough. With 2.0, I am experiencing major food aversions, mostly to meat and other protein sources. I may need to bust out the protein powder to meet my body's needs - but the thought of smoothies makes me gag.

I have had the occasional bout of heartburn, which is a major difference from the Weehemoth - with him, I was living on Tums some days. And the old wives tale about heartburn = a bunch of hair? He is just now beginning to grow anything substantial LOL.

We have now had 2 MW appts - the first one was a fairly quick one, with a lot of reassuring and planning for what ifs (as I had 2 losses last year, I attended initial appointments for both of them). Marie (my MW) tried to find a heartbeat at the second appointment, but was unable to. I wasn't too concerned, as I had been for my IPS a few days earlier and a clear, strong heartbeat then.

I go for the second blood draw of the IPS this week, and will be scheduling my anatomical/gender ultrasound for 2 weeks from now (so around 17 weeks), and then hopefully find out the results the following week at my MW appointment. We should also be able to hear a heartbeat at the next appointment!

I also think I am feeling movements. I was like this with the Weehemoth, what I thought were gas pains were in fact stretches and rolls. It is different this time, which makes me think that my placenta is in a different place, rather than anterior (like with the Weehemoth).

Expert Forum User

Posting to subscribe. I forgot in the last post.

Carry on!

Expert Forum User

I've started to feel little blips now and again. It's so late this time though but it's likely due to positioning of the placenta.
    All “kicks“ are felt on the left side of my stomach.
    Belly is still small, can't believe I'm already almost 14 weeks! Goes by so quickly.

I've come to the conclusion that I will most likely have Morning Sickness for all of this pregnancy too! The only difference, is this time around it happens more frequent then not. Also, I am just finishing up over a week worth of a viral and cold. So far, this pregnancy has been lousy. Hoping to be able to enjoy it soon! On a positive note, I have started to feel the small flutters of life inside me. It's truly remarkable!

Looking to rid chemicals from your home and start living a healthier lifestyle? Message me and I'll show you how![/B]

Expert Forum User

Holy crap! Time is flying by in this pregnancy. I am headed in tomorrow afternoon for the 2nd blood draw of the IPS and the anatomical ultrasound (I left it to be done with the 18 wk ultrasound, as I pay to park at the clinic I go to...and I'm cheap LMAO). Hopefully, 2.0 will be co-operative and the gender will be visible! I then go on Tuesday to see my MW for our next appointment - and will likely be able to hear a heartbeat on the doppler. I know the results for the anatomical scan won't be available at the MW appointment, so I will start to stalk my MW until she gets the results...

How is everyone else doing?
    Last edited by CMR78; 05-05-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Because I can't bloody spell..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast