Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Not Growing

Expert Forum User

I must have missed this thread when you first posted. So stressful to have a baby who isn't flourishing. I'm glad they are going to check into things further. In the meantime, I'd just try to keep trying to get some good high fat things into her. If she eats a soft cereal, add some coconut fat to it. It'll be good for her physically and REALLY good for her brain. Same with if you're making her like pasta or rice, every little chance you get, add it. There's more and more research coming out all the time about how good it is for us and if possibly not processing her food properly, all that extra fat will really help her brain. You *may* even see an improvement in gross motor.

Hugs and KUP as you can.

Thank you. I have never heard of coconut fat before. I will look into that. Dd won't eat anything that she can't feed herself right now. Dd is such a happy baby. Everyone always comments how happy and content she is I hate that something could be wrong with her. I am staying positive most of the time I just have bad moments. I have faith in the doctors and that she will either start to grow on her own or they will figure out what is going on.
    Proud mom to ds born Sept. 2009 and dd born May 2012

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Can of coconut milk. Don't shake it. Open it and scoop the fat off the top. I will use the liquid in the bottom for a smoothie, then put all the thick cream in the fridge for use over the week. You could feed it to her right off a spoon.

Avocados too. High in good fats. Nice and mushy for baby food.
    OwensMom likes this.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

My daughter is really small for her age and doesn't grow quickly at all. We've been told by the dr. that even though she eats a lot (for her size prob not for her age), to put butter on things to get the fat in her. Pasta, toast, whatever. Put butter on it. She didn't have a 12 month growth spurt, but around 15 months she had a small one, and now at 18 months she seems to be getting taller. Still under 20 pounds, but we're getting there. It's stressful but try not to worry about it. Just encourage her movement as much as you can, but it can take longer. DD didn't walk until 15 months
    I am an Independent Epicure Consultant! View my page here: http://tinyurl.com/ck26nam

Expert Forum User

why not just buy coconut oil? its sold in costco organic, bla bla bla. would she eat cubed avocado?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12