Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Exclamation OPPOSE Bill C-279 THE GENDER BATHROOM BILL

We need to come together and oppose the Gender Bathroom Bill that is being pushed. We need to protect women, and children and have this bill pushed down. Gender Identity and Gender Expression SHOULD NOT be added to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination according to the Canadian Criminal Code.

What's Wrong with this Bill:

1. Gender Identity and Gender Expression are undefined in law (leaving interpretation of the law up to Judges and Human Rights Commissions)

2. Men, Women and Children are put at risk of predators who will get legal defence.

3. Gender confusion in children form forced curriculum taught in schools (The TO. School Board has already made horrible curriculum changes, teaching young children that there are NOW 6 GENDERS and that gender is "self identified" not scientific.

4. Your business, organization, and individuals could "commit" human rights/criminal code violations if they fail to offer "gender neutral" facilities!

5. Health Care Costs: Bill C-279 leaves room for people to claim discrimination if health care dollars are not spent on gender "reassignment and reversal surgeries"

LETS STAND TOGETHER AND say "NO"!! To Bill C-279!!!!!!

seems like a hot topic for only your 4th post...

Expert Forum User

Alarmist and sensationalist bullcrap. I say support and protect people no matter their gender identity.

YOu do not have my support op, shame on you and your hate.

Quote Originally Posted by WateryTart View Post
    Alarmist and sensationalist bullcrap. I say support and protect people no matter their gender identity.

YOu do not have my support op, shame on you and your hate.
    Agreed!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

YOu've got to be kidding me. Transgendered people are not waiting for this to pass so they can abuse our women and children in the restrooms. Seriously. Get a life, troll.
    "Anything is better than lies and deceit". Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by laurensmom View Post
    YOu've got to be kidding me. Transgendered people are not waiting for this to pass so they can abuse our women and children in the restrooms. Seriously. Get a life, troll.
    Although I don't agree with most of what OP has to say, I don't think that's what they meant at all, the problem is people that will take advantage of the law, as many do, if a man was charged for being in a women's washroom he could claim that he was transgender, even though he is not, and it would be up to the courts to decide the truth. Unfortunately too often it seems laws are there to protect the criminals not the innocent.
    Evelyn May - 9 years
    Rose Adelle - 7 1/2 years
    William James - 5 years
    Thomas Edward - 16 months

Expert Forum User

It's a private members bill. They almost never get fully passed into law. Case in point Ernie Hardeman and his mission to have carbon monoxide detectors manditory in every home. He has been trying for years without success.

Quote Originally Posted by sheena View Post
    Although I don't agree with most of what OP has to say, I don't think that's what they meant at all, the problem is people that will take advantage of the law, as many do, if a man was charged for being in a women's washroom he could claim that he was transgender, even though he is not, and it would be up to the courts to decide the truth. Unfortunately too often it seems laws are there to protect the criminals not the innocent.
    No. I don't buy it. If a man was in a women's washroom....for what purpose would he be there? To rape/molest someone? If so, it wouldn't matter if he claimed he was transgendered or not. If he's in there committing a criminal act then he's committing a crime, transgendered or not. That whole argument is a scare tactic to justify discrimination IMHO.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by sheena View Post
    Hmm. . .Would that really be an issue? I would think that transgendered people wouldn't want to be recognized as male if they are entering a woman's wash room? Wouldn't they be dressed as a woman? Like they are adopting the appearance of the desired sex through changes in clothing and grooming, etc? ( http://www.apa.org/topics/sexuality/transgender.pdf )

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Spots View Post
    It's a private members bill. They almost never get fully passed into law. Case in point Ernie Hardeman and his mission to have carbon monoxide detectors manditory in every home. He has been trying for years without success.
    Very true but this one is at it's Third reading if I can figure things out....... so closer than most get, I believe.

No. I don't buy it. If a man was in a women's washroom....for what purpose would he be there? To rape/molest someone? If so, it wouldn't matter if he claimed he was transgendered or not. If he's in there committing a criminal act then he's committing a crime, transgendered or not. That whole argument is a scare tactic to justify discrimination IMHO.
    Don't you suppose that if you've got a male with “Peeping Tom“ tendencies that it's going to be rather difficult to prove that he's in a public woman's washroom to look between the cracks??? Not even sure that's a criminal offense but as a woman, I seriously don't want to worry about a man coming into the woman's bathroom.

I actually personally walked in a woman's bathroom not too long ago where a man was standing using the toilet with the door open. It was extremely disconcerting.

I haven't heard a great deal of detail recently about this particular bill but I *think* I remember talk that it would make it so that there weren't separate boy/girl facilities in schools/federal buildings..... I actually wasn't aware that this Bill has gotten this far in the parliamentary process.

Quote Originally Posted by doda94 View Post
    Don't you suppose that if you've got a male with “Peeping Tom“ tendencies that it's going to be rather difficult to prove that he's in a public woman's washroom to look between the cracks??? Not even sure that's a criminal offense but as a woman, I seriously don't want to worry about a man coming into the woman's bathroom.
    A transgendered person in a female bathroom would be dressed as a female. Chances are, you have already BEEN in a bathroom with one. Chances are, they DIDN'T peep between the cracks. AND, chances are you had NO idea they were even born with male genitalia.

I really don't see this as a big threat to me or my kids.

Expert Forum User

A transgendered person in a female bathroom would be dressed as a female. Chances are, you have already BEEN in a bathroom with one. Chances are, they DIDN'T peep between the cracks. AND, chances are you had NO idea they were even born with male genitalia.

Are there still going to be male/female washrooms or are they all just going to be ambiguous? If I understand what I read about this correctly, gender-specific bathrooms will be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by doda94 View Post
    Are there still going to be male/female washrooms or are they all just going to be ambiguous? If I understand what I read about this correctly, gender-specific bathrooms will be illegal.
    Gender specific bathrooms will not be illegal?!

But were not talking about a transgenered person, were talking about someone who is not transgenered, breaking the law, and than claiming they are transgender, even thougth they AREN'T. I don't think a judge would argue that the way someone looked or was dressed would be enough to determine the truth. Some people that are transgener take a long time to come to terms with it and to change their appearance.
    Evelyn May - 9 years
    Rose Adelle - 7 1/2 years
    William James - 5 years
    Thomas Edward - 16 months

Expert Forum User

After this was posted here, I tried to do some research on it. One of the things I read, don't remember where now and didn't save the link, basically said that gender-specific bathrooms in schools/federal buildings (IOW, publicly owned buildings) would be illegal.

I see very little chance of it passing considering the Conservative majority that we have in Ottawa presently but I don't think it's something that we can shrug our shoulders at and say, “Doesn't affect me......... “

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast