Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default St Patrick's Day - plans?

What are you doing with the kids today? Any special plans or is it just another day?

Expert Forum User

Nothing special here..we're going to go skating this aft though!

Expert Forum User

I think that I'll grab some Shamrock Shakes from McDonalds. That's about it.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

St.Patrick's used to be almost as big as Christmas here. We would have a big special meal (or go out for one), the house would be decorated, everything would be green! DH also always used to buy me flowers on this day. The last few years at least one (or both) of us went out to the pubs. Last year was the BEST because we went with good friends

However this year he went out last night for a UFC party with the guys so he is still in bed. Then he works midnights tonight so he will likely sleep pretty much all day. Our St.Patrick's day will sadly be just any other day. I am actually feeling a bit let down. I could go and make a big Irish meal still ... just seems sort of wasted because I know the kids will not get it (and often do not eat it anyway). Maybe we will try to get some Shamrock shkes too ... if they are not all sold out yet. Or some sort of blizzard or something.
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User

The preggo part of me is now going to need a shamrock shake after reading about them I have never been huge on St Patricks day, my extended family always was and that was fun but we are not a part of that any more so it will just be another day here.

Expert Forum User

Homemade Shamrock Shake | Wishes and Dishes

these taste the same to me as the McD's, and you don't have to leave the house

Expert Forum User

Oh, that Shamrock Shake recipe looks yummy........ I don't have green food colouring.

I'm making corned beef and cabbage for supper....... it's the only time all year that I make it. I wish, wish, wish that I could find a recipe for the really yummy hearty bread that they serve in Irish pubs and restaurants but I've never been able to duplicate it so I just bought a yummy hearty grain bread from Costco yesterday that we'll slather up with lots o'butter.

I'm going to check Pinterest to see if there's a green dessert recipe on there that would be simple and I'm sure my kids would enjoy those milkshakes with or without green food colouring. (That is if I can get enough time of not holding sick babies at some point today........)

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Nothing, dd2 has a fever and a headache. Dh took dd1 to her skating lessons which dd2 is mising. I was going to take them for a shake but now I probably won't.

I'd make them a shake but I don't have any mint flavouring.
    Last edited by one ordinary girl; 03-17-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

My grandmother was born and passed away on st. Paddys (last year).
    Its a sensitive day for a lot of my fam. We probably wont do anything out of the ordinary.

Expert Forum User

Nothing, we are kid free and DH and his band are taking over my dining room for their practise.

Going to get a Shamrock Shake....that's as St. Patty's as I get!!

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

DD had a sleepover last night and this morning they 'dressed up' in the St. Pat's gifts. We baked all morning (well as much as baking I get LOL) and then we are now just chilling LOL If it was not on a Sunday, I would be enjoying it much more. I wish there were more kid activites to celebrate it.

Last year was super fun. Sat on a patio all day/night with good friends drinking green beer and eating I think the only one that tops that is when we went to Chicago for St. Patricks's day.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_ View Post
    My grandmother was born and passed away on st. Paddys (last year).
    Its a sensitive day for a lot of my fam. We probably wont do anything out of the ordinary.
    Sorry to hear that. I have an uncle that passed away 16 yrs ago on St. Paddy's day.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

I don't celebrate St. Patty's day due to spiritual beliefs... It's actually the only 'holiday' I don't actively celebrate. So it'll be a normal day for us with nothing out of the ordinary.

Expert Forum User

Went to church and remembering Saint Patrick in our prayers. Wearing some green of course with basic black (had to be a lime green dressy long cardigan as I was in church). Made some homemade waffles for lunch with frozen cherries, strawberries and blueberries thawed (none of it green LOL) and maple syrup. DS1 and DS2 love homemade waffles after church.

This afternoon, listening to some great Irish tunes from The Pogues and Great Big Sea. Quiet St. Patty's Sunday, not going out to Molly Blooms standing in the cold to get in where I used to go years ago. Past that.

Anyone else heading to the pubs/bars or having a St. Patty's party?
    Last edited by Granola; 03-17-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast