Default Sleep Schedule for your 18 month old?

What sleep schedule does your 18 month old follow? I would like to transition my son down to one nap a day. But when my son has two naps a day he sleeps so much better at night. Does anyone's LO go to bed at 6:30 and actually sleeps all night?

Expert Forum User

That was Clark for the longest time - two naps kept him happy, and sleeping better at night. We had a rough patch of about 2 weeks when we made the transition (at about 15 months), but it was worth it - he then went to bed around 7 and slept until 7. Good luck!

Expert Forum User

Anna gave up her morning nap at around 15-16 mos. Ever since, she has had a 2.5 hour nap in the afternoon (usually 1:00 to 3:30), goes to bed at 7:30 p.m., and sleeps until 7:30-8:00 a.m.

Expert Forum User

I have a 2.5 year old and a 14 month old. They both have a two to three hour nap in the afternoon and then they go to bed at 7 pm. They sleep anywhere till 8 to 9 am. They are good sleepers. The little one has slept the night since she was 6 weeks.

Expert Forum User

Our DD has one nap during the week at daycare, but for some reason still likes to have 2 naps when at home with us on the weekends. At daycare, she will have a nap anywhere from 20 minutes - 1 1/2 hours. On the days that she has a short nap, we find that she is a much happier child if we let her have some quiet time in her crib from 4-5ish. She goes to bed anytime around 7 and wakes up about 6:45 (when there is a lot of commotion from DH and I getting ready for work)

Expert Forum User

I can only wish my 17 month had a nap. Since about 7 months, she has never napped. She goes to bed at 8:30 and sleeps until 8 in the morning. For the most part she is a really happy girl, so we have never pushed the nap thing.

Expert Forum User

I think my 14mnth is making this transition right now, ugh. She use to have a two hour nap at 11 then another around 4. Lately she'll fall asleep around 1 and then sometimes again at 5 (which means shes up till like 11). I think we just need to stretch the 1 o clock nap a lil longer and she'll be able to make it to 7:30 without getting cranky.
    ...and in that moment I swear we were infinite.

Expert Forum User

My dd sleeps 7:00 pm - 7:00 am. She is starting to transition her nap time to the afternoon. Most days she ends up napping 11-1ish. Her nap time can give or take by an hour though.

Expert Forum User

My dd who is 15 months old goes to bed at 7:30pm and is up at 6:30 am. She has one nap in the afternoon between 1-3pm. She cut out her morning nap when she was about 9 months old.
    Shannon

Nothing is Impossible, if you just Believe

most 18 month olds have one nap a day, my daughter goes from 12:00 to 1:45-2:30 most days. BUT my son was still having two naps at that age. I had to transition him because i went back to work part time and my mother (who was watching him) wanted it down to one, but guess what? his 'one' nap was routinely 3 hours OR MORE. Yup. often the kid would sleep FOUR HOURS. and keep in mind i was the bedtime nazi, cracking him into bed by 7 (7:30 at the lastest).

so i think some kids need the two naps1
    I'm the Lactationista
    www.breastfeedingsupport.ca
    Ask me your breastfeeding questions!!!!!!!!!

Former lawyer turned crunchy-stay-at-home-mom to two blessings "Lucky" 06/02 and "Dolce" 08/06. Verision 3.0 is due this August 2011! I am passionate about breastfeeding and I am a breastfeeding counsellor, with training from the Newman Breastfeeding Clininc & Institute. I do private home visits in the LONDON area.

Senior Member Madie&Logan's Mom's Avatar

Logan's not 18 months, he's 15 months. Right now he's sleeping through from 6:45pm till 8am. He's also sleeping one to two naps a day. I say "right now" for sleeping through because it won't last. lol. He goes a few weeks of sleeping through and then he'll be back to waking several times.

I'm letting Logan lead for naps etc. Every child is different and I think he needs lots of sleep. My daughter was down to one nap (on her own doing) by the time she was 1. She stopped napping totally by about 2. My nephew on the other hand is 4 and still naps a two hour nap during the day and sleeps through from 7:30pm till 7:30am.
    ~Christine~

Mom to Madison Anne (5) and Logan Douglas (2)

Laura is 16 months, and we've only had a handful of nights where she "sleeps through" the night. She has one nap during the day that lasts anywhere from 1-2 hours, and goes to bed around 8pm and wakes around 7:30/8:00am. On a "good" night she won't wake at all (again, only happened about 5 times-but oh, what glorious nights those were!) or only once about 3 hours after going to bed...on a bad night, she's up 4-5x/night, but that's usually when teething or sick.
    Mama to TWO little sweetie pies!!