Expert Forum User

Default Lego Land Discovery Centre Toronto

Mixed Review. We went yesterday (Tuesday, 5th day open). It wasn't busy at all! Which was great because I can't imagine going when it is busy! My guys (ages 7, 6,4, 2.5) had a lot of fun. We were there 7 hours and they would have stayed a bit longer but it was closing time. And we didn't have to wait in line for any of the rides or movies.
    When we first went in it wasn't at all how I pictured it even though I'd seen the video. It was much smaller then I pictured. And I was thinking we just spent $110 and will be lucky to spend 3 hours here.
    The little shooting ride I thought was poorly done. The kids however enjoyed it and we went through twice.
    The 4-D theatre was fantastic!!!!!!!! There is two different 12 minute movies. The one is great with some humour and everything. The other one is a bit scary, my Mom actually screamed in it, lol! And my youngest two were huddled up to me and on my lap but it isn't that bad.
    The flying bike ride was kinda cute, my guys enjoyed it.
    The Lego academy was fun, everyone built a leprachaun out of lego step by step together, classes every 30 minutes.
    The climber area was fun. My guys spent an hour in there and then went back for 30 minutes again later.
    The earthquake building table was fun to see how your creation can withstand disturbance.
    The mini city was pretty neat.
    The entrance on how lego is made was cute for a minute and of course your souvenier piece.
    And the race track/build your own racer area was great, and is where most of the time was spent. As much as it was a fun area it is also my only real complaint. They need atleast twice as many wheels in there so you don't spend 10 minutes trying to build a car, unfortantly I imagine this is a big theft area so the wheels likely are snatched.
    The staff were super friendly and helpful. The staff at the climber didn't let kids in or out without a parent right there saying it was okay, and there was a staff near the exit that was making sure kids didn't run out without a parent either which was nice (although I didn't acutally need it).
    So although it sounds like a positive review, had there been more people when we went I don't think it would have been nearly as good and like I said there was few enough people that we didn't have to wait in line for any of the rides or anything which I'm thinking won't be the norm. And waiting to use one of the two ramps to race your car down would be a big downer for kids after a while or waiting to get some available wheels to make a car even would have changed the review to negative I think as the kids would not have had as much fun and may have gotten bored standing around.

Expert Forum User

I heard same reviews from a few friends that have been as well. That sounds expensive.
    Last edited by /wasn't me/; 03-06-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Expert Forum User

It is kinda expensive, $20ish each, my youngest was free. But they are HUGE lego fans. This was a Grandma March Break thing (we don't usually go places on march break as it is extra busy). And as she put it, a movie would last 2 hours and costs more then half and this was much more fun for the kids.

Expert Forum User

Yeah once in a while its fun but if you lived closer and the boys wanted to go all the time not something I would be doing often

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by /wasn't me/ View Post
    Yeah once in a while its fun but if you lived closer and the boys wanted to go all the time not something I would be doing often
    It is $260 for a family membership for the year (for 4 people, $50 for extras) which would totally be worth it if it was closer, but I think one year would be fun and then it would be over done.

Expert Forum User

Oh nice.

Expert Forum User

Is there a web site for this? I have never heard of this place. My kids love Lego!

Expert Forum User

Thx for the review -- we were considering going next week but I am scared of how nutso it will be................

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by HappyMomma View Post
    Is there a web site for this? I have never heard of this place. My kids love Lego!
    It just opened last Friday LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Toronto - Official Website

Quote Originally Posted by mamalondon View Post
    Thx for the review -- we were considering going next week but I am scared of how nutso it will be................
    That is why we went this week! They had over 14 000 people go through last weekend, which of course was opening weekend, but can't imagine! It is in a mall and would be smaller then a Walmart, around the same size or maybe a bit bigger then Old Navy.

Expert Forum User

Friends went on opening day - her boys are 8 and 10 and lego fanatics = she said they had fun but that it was really geared for younger kids