Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Dry, blotchy cheeks

My son is suffering from dry, blotchy cheeks. He gets a bit of dry skin elsewhere, but it seems fine with a bit of regular lotion (currently using Weleda Calendula Lotion). But his cheeks are REALLY blotchy looking. Any recs on products to try?

we're in the same boat - dry red cheeks. My daughter's pedi told me to use the Aveeno baby cream on her, although a pharmacist said to use Vaseline, in case she injests it. I've been using the Aveeno cream daily on her and it seems to help. I've also heard good things about something called aquaphor, but have never used it. Maybe someone else has!

My dd1 gets red, dry patches on her back. I put vaseline on it and it clears it up. Dd2 gets dry, redness on her upper lip to the point where you can hardly see the definition of her lip and regular skin. Vaseline also clears that up.

Expert Forum User

My kids get bad wind burn / dry areas in the winter.
    We use a product called “Body Balm“ bought at the Tender Tootsie's shoe store (only place I have seen it), or another pharmacist blend (I don't think it has a name specifically - only that the pharmacist makes it) that we buy at the IGA in Dorchester.
    These are the only two products I've found that clear up the dry red sections quickly (usually 2 days - 2 applications).
    Last edited by gogomom; 02-04-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling

My DD has this too. I use Aveeno Baby Eczema Care Cream, after a couple days of using it the spots go away. I also just bought Spectro Kids E-Care and this works well too.

Expert Forum User

Thanks ladies.

I think I need something that will sink in properly, otherwise it will bother him and he'll end up rubbing it into his eyes. (We had such a bad time last summer with sun cream.) So for that reason I'd avoid Vaseline.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePig View Post
    Thanks ladies.

I think I need something that will sink in properly, otherwise it will bother him and he'll end up rubbing it into his eyes. (We had such a bad time last summer with sun cream.) So for that reason I'd avoid Vaseline.
    The body balm works well and is absorbed quickly.
    I was a little put off at first by the fact I can only seem to get this stuff at a shoe store, but it really works - we just used it for the dry red areas around DS#3's mouth on the weekend (he refuses to wear lip balm and chews on his lips and the skin around them) and already the dry red spots are gone.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetinks View Post
    I also just bought Spectro Kids E-Care and this works well too.
    We love the Spectro Kids Eczema Care! It's really thick but rubs in so easily. We use it a lot in the winter and I won't use anything else.
    Jodie
    Mom to 3 boys (9, 7 and 4) &
    our little girl (born Dec 2013)
    www.brightmindschildcare.ca
    www.jodie.lovablelabels.ca

Expert Forum User

Use coconut oil. It is food safe, will help with chapped skin, and as it is an oil, will continue to protect his skin after it has absorbed.

04/05/12 & 28/09/12 - Mama loves you, Babies.

Dh has horrible eczema. The only thing that works is to leave your body wet after a shower or bath and apply Vaseline directly onto your wet skin. He suffered for years and has been dry free for a few years since doing this.

Expert Forum User

Thanks everyone. I shall bear all this in mind and see what I can pick up tomorrow.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePig View Post
    My son is suffering from dry, blotchy cheeks. He gets a bit of dry skin elsewhere, but it seems fine with a bit of regular lotion (currently using Weleda Calendula Lotion). But his cheeks are REALLY blotchy looking. Any recs on products to try?
    I LOVE this product! you can find it at a few different etsy stores, and it is amazing. It works for EVERY skin `think`I have ever come across.

This is a store I found it at, this isn`t the one I ordered from, but it is the same balm.

Organic Soothing Skin Balm with Chamomile and by EcoSations

My Dh has tried aquaphor...it is very greasy and had a smell that was not nice.

Expert Forum User

DD2 has been dealing with the same thing since she was a baby. We had to give up on all over the counter creams, although we found Aveeno Baby Eczema Care worked the best of all we tried. We now use Fucidin cream that we get as a perscription.

What about Dimpleskins Sweet Cheeks? They sell it at Cheeky Monkey. We have the same problem and have been using weleda calendula oil, vitamin E, and adding more flax oil to his smoothies, but the dryness from heaters and the wind is tough. Dimplekins has all natural good products and the sweet cheekys looks great, I think we'll pick up some up this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast