Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Anyone tried these cloth diapers??

http://www.kidalog.net/product_info....products_id=29

thoughts on them? anyone know a reasonable priced diaper that works good? thanks.

I thought that lhastie would have been first to respond to anything diaper related. She knows whatever there is to know about these things.
    I can't see what they are made out of from the link you gave me? I think that all diapers work differently for all kids. I know that we have a bamboozle that I found on kijiji purchased for 10 dollars. They are about 19 new, but work GREAT super absorbant and soft. They are a fitted diaper so you need a cover. We do wool and it works well.
    Also I have thirsties fab fitted. I purchase it for 14.25 add additional 2 dollars for shipping. Was purchased from morethandiapers.com. I like that there is room for inserts inside the diaper and that they still look trim. They are super absorbant and each bit absorbs.
    I don't find that the AIO (all in one) diapers work for us. We really need to have a cover. I don't really enjoy covering up all the wonderfully soft diapers but if it works....
    If you check cheeky monkey they have

Expert Forum User

The reviews on diaperpin.com don't seem horribly promising, though there are only 3 :P It's kinda hard to get a good feel of them when not a lot of people have used them.

http://www.diaperpin.com/diapers/itemdetail.asp?id=511

Expert Forum User

Im on the search for new cloth diapers aswell. The ones I have are 9 years old, work great but im guessing newer brands are even better, plus im sick of those darn plastic covers!. Im not sure but if anyone knows of any brands that arnt soo overpriced please let me know!
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

Expert Forum User

I had one of these. I bought it (new) and used it for Zoe a couple times as a newborn. It leaked, and gave her a rash. I haven't tried a great variety of diaper styles, but we now only use one size pockets. Unlike the pockets, which keep moisture away from the skin, this type of diaper stays wet (which is why she got a rash. She could just have sensitive skin, but either way, it leaked for us. I don't know what it would be like for an older baby. I think they are considered one size as well, but IMO, the largest size is not very big. It was considerably cheaper than most of the other diapers I bought. I found that all the cheaper diapers we had didn't work for us. So I figured I'd rather fork out the extra money for diapers that worked. Again, this is just my experience. I know that many ladies on here use prefolds (which are inexpensive), and don't have problems. I've never tried prefolds so I don't know how they'd work out for us.

I think with diapers its a MUST to find out what they are made of. As a person that sews and has tried different diapers, I know that bamboo, hemp and microfiber are super absorbant and the key to no leaks. I know that cotton and flannel aren't so absorbant. I know that AIO diapers take forever to dry so you need more in your stash. Pockets are great you can fill them with whatever you inserts you wish and pull them out for faster drying time

ok, so all of this is forien to me to say te least, so what spcific diapers are good IYO (everyone who has tried some) I would like something reasonable priced. And how many should I have in my stash? like would 15 be enough? TIA.

I am thinking I am going to pass on those diapers, especially based on Reese's moms experience with them. Thanks for letting me know. Thanks bun and Zabsmom too for your input, I have more to think about this whole diaper thing then I was hoping I would, lol.

I am very happy with Baby Kanga's. They are a pocket style diaper and I use a bum genius microfiber insert in them. I bought a few from the Cheeky Monkey to try but found them much cheaper to order from Jam Tots directly (www.jamtots.com I think) The diapers can be 'snapped' to fit a wide size range and because they are snaps I don't have velcro snakes in my laundry. (........and I hate velcro snakes in my laundry!

DD started out in Motherease, then went to disposibles and now we are loving our new choice in cloth. I think we paid around $16 per diaper and because we can alter the diaper size we don't have to invest more in other sizes. The insert was around $5 but I think it was less with the volume discount Jam Tots offers.

I would also like to add that I had a very minor problem with one diaper that I did not purchase from Jam Tots. Since they make Kanga's all I had to do was send them a picture of the problem and they took care of everything. I have only good things to say about their customer service.

Good luck with your search!

I'd be leary of anything labelled as breathable and waterproof - maybe it is possible, but most have been disasters from what I've heard, I don't know if these ones i particular. I'm surprised there are no pictures of the actual diaper and how they work given they're claiming they are a one-size diaper....

A little bit more, but how about motherease? They're a good work horse diaper. Nothing fancy but they are tried and tested. They make sized or one-size fitteds with covers (their covers are great!) or all-in-ones. The fitteds are a good price, but the all-in-ones are a bit more, but they are definitely a good fit and waterproof.

My Precious Baby By April has a great price for her diapers, though she isnt' taking orders right now.

Are you specifically looking for all-in-ones or fitteds diapers or pockets? Any other criteria or mostly price?

Quote Originally Posted by lhastie View Post
    I'd be leary of anything labelled as breathable and waterproof - maybe it is possible, but most have been disasters from what I've heard, I don't know if these ones i particular. I'm surprised there are no pictures of the actual diaper and how they work given they're claiming they are a one-size diaper....

A little bit more, but how about motherease? They're a good work horse diaper. Nothing fancy but they are tried and tested. They make sized or one-size fitteds with covers (their covers are great!) or all-in-ones. The fitteds are a good price, but the all-in-ones are a bit more, but they are definitely a good fit and waterproof.

My Precious Baby By April has a great price for her diapers, though she isnt' taking orders right now.

Are you specifically looking for all-in-ones or fitteds diapers or pockets? Any other criteria or mostly price?
    Mostly price, I am not looking for anything specific because I don't know enough about the different kinds to be specific. I guess what is going to be most comfortable for DD is on the top of my list as well.

I find for comfort that fitted diapers or pocket diapers. I find that the AIOs are easier for parents (if you find some that don't leak) but the elastic on the back digs into my son. I think in general fitteds are cheaper, they usually run from about 11 up to 19 dollars. You could try diaperswappers.com I know that lhastie and other moms have had luck on finding great diapers there. I find that unless I keep a VERY active eye on there I get lost, seems to be a big community and everything is purchased quickly. I have also gone to diaperpin and headed to the bottom of the page to look for sales and announcments section. Under this section it lists a lot of link for cloth diaper sales and product codes for discounts.
    I think with going cloth you won't find anything new under 10 dollars (aprils but she's not taking orders just yet). Used if they are really good 10 dollars if they are okish with a little stain here or there 7 dollars, if they have elastic/velcro issues 5 or less.

If you're looking for a pretty good priced fitted diaper, there is Kissaluvs. They make fitteds that are around $11-$12 and they sometimes advertise if they are stocking their 'outlet' or seconds section and will give discounts for purchasing a dozen through that. If you're looking to not use prefolds, but want something really cost effective, Kissaluvs also makes contours. They are the right shape for a baby with a doubler, but not elastic or closure. You can use a Snappi on them apparently.

If you're just starting and aren't sure what you'd like and are looking to keep cost down, I would suggest second hand. Almost all my diapers are second hand, which has been great because some haven't worked for our little one and I can sell them and get what does work. I typically go for diaperswappers.com - wherever you might look, always check for feedback ratings on the seller to protect yourself. If you have any questions or want me to keep my eyes open for anything, feel free to PM me.

All Together Diapers are also a really good price and they do make All-In-Ones that are fairly basic but apparently work really well. I haven't checked into it too much to see if you can get them direct from a retailer, I've only seen them when groups have done co-ops of prefolds and people could buy the fitted and AIO diapers as well.

How old/big is your little one? Are you aiming to just cloth diaper one child or subsequent children as well? Might make a difference as to what is worth buying.

Zabsmom - interesting that you've found the elastic digging in with AIO diapers more... I've found pockets a bit worse as the fleece at the top can slip down so it isn't behind the .

Quote Originally Posted by my2babies View Post
    ok, so all of this is forien to me to say te least, so what spcific diapers are good IYO (everyone who has tried some) I would like something reasonable priced. And how many should I have in my stash? like would 15 be enough? TIA.
    I know a friend who did the up to 6 month stage with 15 cloth diapers - it is tight but you can do it Would you want to cloth diaper overnight as well? You could probably do two days with 15 diapers and then wash and dry. I pretty well only line dry, so you have to figure in another 1/2 to a full day. If you do the washer and dryer it helps.