Thread: Questions

Expert Forum User

Default Questions

I will be providing child care for a friend who is going back to work from mat leave, starting next month.

I have only asked for $25 per evening, I will have the little guy (age 1 by then) from about 4:30pm till 11:30pm. He goes to bed at 7:30pm, and I'm doing this from my home.

Parents have supplied a car seat, high chair and play pen, along with toys. They will supply all baby food and bottles also.

I have another friend saying that's too little, but I feel it's not, as really I will only be caring for him for 3 hours, yes I know it maybe longer and his schedule will change, but I'm not worried about it, we are usually just sitting around at home anyways.

They are fine with me taking him places also, if we go out.

Is there Anyang else I would need? My youngest is 13, we do have a new baby gate, so I'm fine there.

Just makes sure they send extra (or leave some there); clothes, blankets, etc. extra diapers, wipes, formula to keep there......if using a soother, make sure a couple extra of those as they sometimes disappear.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by racermom View Post
    Just makes sure they send extra (or leave some there); clothes, blankets, etc. extra diapers, wipes, formula to keep there......if using a soother, make sure a couple extra of those as they sometimes disappear.
    They already gave me a pack of diapers, gonna replenish every week, tub of wipes, and change of clothes and 3 Jammie's. I'm just gonna keep all clothes here and wash them. I have lots of blankets, receiving blankets, so told her unless he has a favorite.

Where do you store these things lol, it's been so long.

I think 25 is fine, if you are ok w it as MOST the time, he will be sleeping the majority of it.
    I feel for her though, having to pick him up at 11:30 from you and then “wake him“ to take him home then try to put him right back down.....hopefully he adjusts/goes back to sleep easily. I know one mom who had to do this for a while and babe, once home, stayed awake for almost 2hrs before giving in and going back to sleep.
    I think you are a great friend for doing this!

Expert Forum User

Mom actually wants him to stay up lol, dad gets home at 130am and they want to see baby. Mom works 2-11pm shift, dad works 5-1:30am shift. So they get to sleep in.

Expert Forum User

I think $25 is good, especially since they are supplying everything. And if the playpen has space underneath it then maybe get some under the bed bins and store everything in those. Or you could clean out one drawer or shelf to keep all of the baby stuff in/on.
    Jodie
    Mom to 3 boys (9, 7 and 4) &
    our little girl (born Dec 2013)
    www.brightmindschildcare.ca
    www.jodie.lovablelabels.ca

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
    I think $25 is good, especially since they are supplying everything. And if the playpen has space underneath it then maybe get some under the bed bins and store everything in those. Or you could clean out one drawer or shelf to keep all of the baby stuff in/on.
    Thanks, I'm not keeping the playpen open all the time, don't want the cats in it. I found a drawer I can keep his stuff in, in the room he will be sleeping in.