Expert Forum User

Default DH's Grandmother Passed

early this morning. She was sick a while ago, but has been really good recently. She took a turn for the worse yesterday and was rushed into the hospital and died early this morning.
    No one told us she was rushed in, they didn't want us worrying etc.
    So I got the call this morning while getting ready for work. I hate those calls.
    DH is not doing well, we lost his Grandfather in the summer and he wasn't as bad, we expected that one.

I just don't know what to say to him, he has pretty much written off the holidays now, and is all out of sorts now with the baby expected so close to his Grandmother dying.
    I hate feeling helpless and I hate seeing him upset.

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Oh no I am so so sorry. It is never easy when we lose a loved one , especially so close to the holidays. My great grandma passed on Christmas Eve and to this day I have not quite figured out how to be there for my grandma as she finds it so very difficult.

I am very certain that you are a wonderful support to your DH and that it will just take some time and understanding. I hope that with the new baby set to arrive the joy of that will help bring some magic back to his holidays. It is all so fresh right now. He will still miss her, but hopefully time will ease that.

Hugs to you both.
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

i'm sorry. its hard losing a grandparent
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

HUGS L.....thinking of you and your family. xo

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Hugs!!

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Expert Forum User

I am so sorry. It is so hard to lose someone. I hope there is a service or memorial where he can say good bye and maybe find some peace. I know how hard this is.

DS will somehow put a smile on his face, and DH won't write off the holidays for DS' sake, but it will be different.

Just being there to support him is all you can do. My sympathies to DH and to you. *hugs*
    Last edited by Pomegranate; 12-11-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    I am so sorry. It is so hard to lose someone. I hope there is a service or memorial where he can say good bye and maybe find some peace. I know how hard this is.

DS will somehow put a smile on his face, and DH won't write off the holidays for DS' sake, but it will be different.

Just being there to support him is all you can do. My sympathies to DH and to you. *hugs*
    There is a funeral and burial, it's all in the works right now, so he will have that chance to say goodbye. I know its hard on him because its been both of them relatively close together. He has gone so long before this year, having to deal with death that to have two close together, near the holidays it's tough.
    I know being with DS right now is best for him, but he is going to work tonight, to keep his mind off things. Argh, I just want to help, but I know there's little I can do.
    Thanks for all the thoughts ladies, much appreciated

Expert Forum User

I'm sorry.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I'm sorry for your loss hugs
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

I'm sorry. That's a really hard situation. Hopefully he will get closure from the service and then time can begin to let him heal.
    Last edited by ZooMama; 12-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Expert Forum User

Aww man! It's so hard to lose a grandma. Mine have been gone for several years now and I still miss the one something fierce.

I know that you've maybe already picked out a name for this little one but any chance of you considering naming her after his grandma as a way of keeping her memory alive???? Just a thought that might help him deal with some of the grief.

It does seem that life happens this way. My favourite grandma died and just a few months later we found out that we were expecting our first after MANY, many years of trying. One leaves a family and another is born.......

Hugs and prayers as you deal with this over the next few days!

So sorry for your loss! Losing a loved one at any time is hard but around the holidays the grief is so new that it makes it harder.
    I know a fabulous Scentsy consultant

Expert Forum User

I am so sorry. That would be extra hard around the holidays.

Expert Forum User

I'm so sorry to hear. It is especially difficult around the holidays. DH maintains that he's not into Christmas b/c his favourite uncle passed away around the holidays when he was younger. Continuing to go to work is good to be somewhat distracted so to speak. I'm sorry you feel you're not doing enough for him. It's hard to see someone you love in pain like that

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*