Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Guardasil upset

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Saree View Post
    I think a 14 year old should totally have a say in what happens to their body. If a parent is against the vaccine, they should be providing information to their child as to why, and let them make an informed decision.
    There is NO way that a 14 yo child has the mental maturity to choose whether they want *this* immunization. All they hear is that if you choose to have sex, this *could* save your life. After that it's all downhill. Even if they are told the risks, they don't *hear* it.

This particular vaccine is notorious for having VERY little research on it, being very over-marketed by Merck, making SEVERAL false claims and being dangerous. Seriously, it only protects for 5 particular strains when there are OVER 90!

Expert Forum User

Gardasil researcher is against the vaccine?another myth debunked . You can't believe everything you read on the internet.
    AuntPetunia, planejane and sheena like this.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Cervix vaccine issues trigger health notice | The Japan Times Japans Ministry of health has issued a nationwide notice about this vaccine, that it shouldn't be recommended because of all the adverse reactions to it.
    Last edited by my2babies; 11-12-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by my2babies View Post
    Cervix vaccine issues trigger health notice | The Japan Times Japans Ministry of health has issued a nationwide notice about this vaccine, that it shouldn't be recommended because of all the adverse reactions to it.
    Thats not actually what they said, though it took a lot of digging to get the un-interpreted version. As far as I can tell, they took it off the list of routine immunizatios and left it on the list of free, optional vaccines. That is hardly 'not recommending it' since they are still financially supporting it. It's very hard to find any reports of it in any remotely credible news source though, only this piece reported over and over on anti-vax sites.
    Nemo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntPetunia View Post
    Thats not actually what they said, though it took a lot of digging to get the un-interpreted version. As far as I can tell, they took it off the list of routine immunizatios and left it on the list of free, optional vaccines. That is hardly 'not recommending it' since they are still financially supporting it. It's very hard to find any reports of it in any remotely credible news source though, only this piece reported over and over on anti-vax sites.
    It sounds to me like they are not recommending it while they are looking into the safety based on the reports of injury's that might be linked. Health ministry withdraws recommendation for cervical cancer vaccine - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun They are not claiming it to be unsafe but I think it's a good thing to look into possible links if they have questions about it.

Children at that age are not properly informed and do not understand the risks. I'm surprised they're still giving this vaccine!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234