Default hard enough doing it alone...

Just a vent I guess, it has really become apparent to me in the last few days/weeks that I don't have many true friends. It's hard enough being a single parent then to also feel like people you thought were your friends really aren't there for you when you need them. I don't really know what my point of this thread is I guess I just need to vent as I am feeling quite alone at the moment. I try very hard to be a good friend to people and treat them with respect. I know I am not perfect, no one is....I believe people get the wrong impression of me because I am more reserved and quiet - definitely not an in your face person they think or assume that I am a negative person. I have always felt like I am not part of the "in group" and that was made very apparent to me yesterday among my work peers. Some hurtful things were said to me by a co-worker and has now made the environment awkward all around.....

I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I'm a quieter person, and seem to get judged the same way. I'm sorry work is uncomfortable now too. I remember being told that I was being perceived as “snobby“ because of being quiet. That made it even harder to talk when I was with that group of people.

Well that just sucks! I too am a quieter person so I can totally relate to your post! Sorry to hear you are having a hard time at work!

Thanks for your support ladies and understanding, I am just pretty much keeping to myself and getting my work done. I am going to “lay low“ and not engage in conversation with people I work with any more then is necessary. My other issue is I am friends with many of them on FB...I immediately deleted the two ladies, not sure what to do with the rest but have deactivated my account for now until I decide what to do. The only reason I would keep my fb account is to stay connected to family and real friends....just not sure what to do about the work people do I drop them or just leave them on and limit what they see?

I realize I am fairly late to this party, but reading these posts was like reading about myself. I am a fairly reserved person and not “in your face.“ Now that I am a single mom it is really apparent how alone it can be. Most if not all of my friends are single and at this time with no children. I knew things would change after but holy cow... I try to remain positive but it is a challenge. That being said my little guy it the ultimate joy in life. I am so sorry that hurtful things were said to you at work. Nobody knows what is going on in someone elses life unless they are living it. I don't fb so I am not sure what advice to give there. I do offer support and understanding. I know it “ain't much“ but hopefully chatting about it will help.

Expert Forum User

Agreed! It is hard. I know I have zero social life and my best (only real friend) lives 6hrs away.. We talk once e Rey few months on the phone
    Last edited by Tanya-Mae; 11-27-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks ladies.....my co-worker who said the hurtful things came to me first thing yesterday morning and apologized and we have agreed to move on from it, I could tell she was very sincere and felt horrible about what took place as did I.
    Thank you for your support.