Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hats and coats or Shorts and Sandals??

I did have this dicussion with my sister yesterday but while out today it really got me thinking If I am crazy or just plain over protective.
    We all no that "SPRING HAS SPRONG" and the days are getting longer and warmer, but how warm is it really? Is it warm enough for little ones to be without a jacket and hat? I was at the park today and saw kids in shorts and sandals, and little ones with no hats or jackets. Ok maybe no hatsis fine, (Maven has some ear issues so this is why I worry), but no jakcket and just a long sleeved shirt, the wind is stil cool, well to me it is. What do you think is right attire for a day like today?
    This is what Maven had on, diaper, socks, pants, tshirt, hooide, spring jacket, toque, and his hood up on his hoodie, shoes, and sunscreen !!!
    So I am crazy or just overprotective or doing the right thing.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

DD had her winter coat on still with the hood up, a hoodie and t-shirt underneath, jeans and rain boots, and sunglasses. You aren't crazy!

I laughed the other day when I saw a woman wearing flip flops. I had gloves and my winter coat on!!!

I had my kids in warm jackets, splash pants, toques, and mitts today for sure. I forgot the sunscreen though, doh. I have to get a new bottle.
    The poster formerly known as Geomamma

We didn't venture out too far, but Ryan wore a long sleeve shirt and a heavy vest and a blanket... we were only out for about 10 mins though, any longer he would have been ewearing a coat.

Expert Forum User

You are crazy!

I think shorts and sandals is just silly but I wouldn't put on a hat either. We were out today in our usual clothes (jeans & l/s shirts) and the girls had a hooded sweater on as well.

I think it depends on the person as well as the weather. My DH and eldest DD are really warm all the time and don't need a lot of clothing. The baby and I tend to get colder and wear more clothing.

Kids still wore coats, boots and stretchy gloves... I wore a sweater and my coat.

i dressed my ds pretty much the same as you, but no hat and no sunscreen. At Walmart, a mom with maybe a 3 month old baby had the baby in shorts/tshirt....and she had on a jacket and pants??? so wrong!!! i dress my kids the way i'd dress myself. I didn't wear a coat today and my ds was SO upset with me, i went back inside and got it. Bad example i was!!!

I don't know but if you find me can you send me home???

My oldest had a spring coat, but he was very active and he gets hot really fast and don't want him to get too sweaty and then catch a chill when he slows down. The middle one had his winter coat on with the hood up and the younger one had his winter coat on and no hood up, he had his touque on and off...they all had jeans on, the younger 2 had shoes the older his rubber boots, youngest a long shirt the older 2 just t-shirts.

I think it's fine for people to wear whatever they feel comfortable in. I personally would have been too cold in shorts and sandals but if other people were fine with them I dont think it matters.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

My youngest was wearing a undershirt, long sleeves, pants and a jacket. Oldest, a tshirt, pants hoodie and her vest. Myself jeans, long sleeve shirt and jacket. There wasn't much of a wind so I didnt' worry much about a hat. I saw a few ppl in shorts as well it was nice but not that nice! We were out for 2 hous this am( in a hockey rink for the pm) by the time we went inside we were all pretty warm really. I guess it depends on where you were we were in a nice sunny spot but I am sure shady areas weren't as warm
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

We went for a two hour walk Yale had a warm sleeper, hoodie, hat and sunglasses and two heavy blankets. I wore jean, tshirt, runners and a hoodie and scarf. the scarf came off and the hoodie unzipped. DP wore shorts and flip flops with a tshirt and hoodie. He however is always warm and goes for smokes out on the balcony in his boxers... even in the dead of winter... BRRR!
    Yale 4yr old
    Kane 1yr old
    and baby makes 3!!! Errr... 4!

yesterday i saw teens in tank tops, personally I thin thats crazy. however I think winter jackets was a bit much too.

my kids were in jeans, socks, shoes, long sleeved shirt, and a sweater/sweat shirt over that. the baby 9not even 3 weeks old) was in a sleeper, and then a really warm fuzzy sleeper over top and a warm blanket..I just wore jeans and a long sleeved shirt.
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Quote Originally Posted by myrrah View Post
    I think it's fine for people to wear whatever they feel comfortable in. I personally would have been too cold in shorts and sandals but if other people were fine with them I dont think it matters.
    Completely Agree...I hadXavier in a baseball hat, sunglasses, and a hoodie as well Cobe was wearing the same thing but with a little blanket over him just in case
    Becky Mom to X and C

My son was wearing a winter sweater with a fall spring coat, his crocs with socks lol.. don't ask and it was very warm I was peeling off layers. We didnt dress like that until noonish when it was sunny but in the morning was winter hat and coat.

Expert Forum User

We went to a birthday party yesterday and the theme was "beach". We might have been one of the crazy families you saw in shorts and flip flops! LOL. I did put our coats on over top. When we were leaving DS asked not to have his on while we were walking to the car. I figure he is 5 and can tell me if he is cold. I ALWAYS have sweaters for us just in case, even when we go to the park on a summer evening. DH, not so much, he never thinks of it. Hats are always on too, hot or cold!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast