Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Anyone know the break down for FD upgrade?

We plan to book a Value resort. I know that means FD is the quick service plan. DH won't be happy with that and we will most likely upgrade to the Disney Dining plan (other agree this is the best value or should I go one up from that?) Does anyone have an idea what the upgrade difference is cost wise?
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Expert Forum User

you pay whatever the price difference is between quick service and regular dining. For 2013 it looks like $18.01 per day per adult (anyone 10 and over) and $2.84 per day for children 3-9.
    Lori, Mom to Sydney, Paige and Easton

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

We were very happy with the regular dinning upgrade. Upgrading to deluxe would have been too much for us and taken way too much of our time for sit downs. S&P's number seem right to me becuse our upgrade ws approx $200 for the three of us for 5 days
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User

Sorry missed the part of you thinking of upgrading to the deluxe. Don't do it! lol you'll be spending so much of your time eating. It's 3 full meals a day unless you decide to do a lot of 2 credit meals, then it may be worth it.

Expert Forum User

We always upgrade from the quick serve to a sit down. Not a big difference at all and worth it. The kids would have a blast at character dinners
    Scentsy Rep. on Facebook Perfectly-Scented Scentsy my website www.perfectly-scented.scentsy.ca

Fundraising to get our daughter a service dog. please feel free to visit her fundraising page https://www.facebook.com/groups/415637608516807/

SPARKLE TATTOO!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Danas...41850885905215

Expert Forum User

Sorry didnt read it was to a delux. Not worth it you.would be eating and wasting a lot of time eating.
    Scentsy Rep. on Facebook Perfectly-Scented Scentsy my website www.perfectly-scented.scentsy.ca

Fundraising to get our daughter a service dog. please feel free to visit her fundraising page https://www.facebook.com/groups/415637608516807/

SPARKLE TATTOO!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Danas...41850885905215

Expert Forum User

We have done deluxe every time we've had a dining plan because we wanted the sit down meals. You really spend a lot of your time travelling to different restaurants and IN the different restaurants. It is a TON of food, too...like we would feel sick from eating so much and they just keep bringing the food out. It's too much. We ended up splitting meals anyway, where we could. This time we are doing the regular DINING plan. I'm a bit disappointed not being able to have a couple of sit downs I'd like, but we may pay out of pocket for them. We will have plenty of food though, I'm sure, and more time to explore.

I wouldn't spend the money to upgrade to deluxe.

Expert Forum User

I agree with everyone else. I think that it's a mistake not to upgrade to the regular dining plan, since character meals and such are all part of the whole Disney experience, IMO. But each sit-down is long (~1 hr for a regular sit-down, and ~1.5 hours for a character meal) - you would be eating constantly and miss out on so much of the parks.

I love the character meals so much! So the regular dining plan would be a must, or at least paying out of pocket for one or two which probably eats up the savings of staying on the quick service plan!

Expert Forum User

So if quotes are accurate for my family to go Aug. 25-31. 2adults, 10y, 4y and 2y. The cost (if free dining is offered) with resort/tickets and upgrade to the regular dining plan is about $2200+flight. I love seeing those numbers as I will have well over that saved, and we already have $400 in our 'souvenier' budget we've saved over the last 4years.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Expert Forum User

Hmm - that doesnt sound quite right. Ours is always more than that during value season for 2 adults and 2 kids

Expert Forum User

What I got (6 nights, 7 day non hopper, non water park passes) was $1913.11 for the tickets/resort and upgrading to the regular dining was going to be $338.82. If you want to add insurance it's $151.90. So you're looking at either $2251.93 without insurance or $2403.83 with insurance.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by SydandPaige'sMom View Post
    What I got (6 nights, 7 day non hopper, non water park passes) was $1913.11 for the tickets/resort and upgrading to the regular dining was going to be $338.82. If you want to add insurance it's $151.90. So you're looking at either $2251.93 without insurance or $2403.83 with insurance.

I'm getting 6 day/7night with base ticket at All Star Music for $1845.31 without any dining. Adding the estimated $108.06/adult ($324.18) and $17.04 for DS1, DS2 will only be two so technically not in the dining plan. Thats giving me $2186.53

I'm not counting on those prices anyhow...I'm sure they bump up the value time closer to the FD deal....and I can't even be certain FD will come up, if not I'll end up paying for that too.

Who knows what flight will be.

Expert Forum User

ahhh see I was doing POP, which IMO is worth the little extra. Far nicer resort, and it has it's own bus, whereas the all star resorts all share the same buses (3 resorts, same bus...went to visit all star sports...giant pain in the ass )

lol yes sorry my math was slightly off for your DS on the dining. teach me to do math without a calculator.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by SydandPaige'sMom View Post
    ahhh see I was doing POP, which IMO is worth the little extra. Far nicer resort, and it has it's own bus, whereas the all star resorts all share the same buses (3 resorts, same bus...went to visit all star sports...giant pain in the ass )

lol yes sorry my math was slightly off for your DS on the dining. teach me to do math without a calculator.
    Lol my math skills are horrid even with a calculator...I had five different prices the first round.

I didn't know that they share buses, I may look into that than. We stayed at Pop Century last time and enjoyed it. I'm not picky on the hotel as if its like last time we are only there long enough to sleep...but the bus thing makes a difference. Lol so glad I have you guys with the extra tips Last time it was all done through a travel agent, so of course I paid them too.

Does the new Art of animation one have its own bus? I see its only $50more than the Pop Century so not another huge chunk above..lol unless I continue the habit.
    Last edited by Mommymanda; 09-27-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast