Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oakridge area, London, ON
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    23

    Default New meetup group Scrap & Play London (Oakridge)

    Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to let you know about a new meetup group that I've just started. It is a social group for Moms who like scrapbooking and other crafts, as well as a playgroup for our kids (I have a 5-year-old son and a 3-year-old daughter). If you're interested, please go to http://www.meetup.com/Scrap-Play-London/.

    Thanks!
    Lina

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Great idea

    Hi Lina,
    I really like your idea of having a meetup group where I can make some new friends to scrapbook with and also get together for playdates with my kids. What made you start your group? Can you give me some more information about it? I'd definitely be interested in joining. I don't know a lot of people here in London and it would be great to make some new friends.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oakridge area, London, ON
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity9900 View Post
    Hi Lina,
    I really like your idea of having a meetup group where I can make some new friends to scrapbook with and also get together for playdates with my kids. What made you start your group? Can you give me some more information about it? I'd definitely be interested in joining. I don't know a lot of people here in London and it would be great to make some new friends.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your interest in my new group! The reason I started the group is that I wanted to find other people who like to do crafts like me, such as scrapbooking, cardmaking and other crafts. (I also like to sew, knit, crochet etc and would be open to having meetups doing such crafts if other people were interested in that as well.) I have been a member of a great playgroup for a long time (Forest City Friends Playgroup), but I wanted to start my own group now where I could combine doing crafts with playdates for the kids. (Although we don't meetup and do crafts at the same time as having playdates. We have separate meetups, usually we do crafts/scrapbook at night and have playdates during the day. I work Mon-Thurs (home daycare) and have Fri-Sun off so I have been scheduling most meetups on Thursday nights and Fridays (nights/day) so far, but we'll have meetups on other days as well. All members are welcome to schedule meetups so we have playdates/meetups on different days at different times. So far we have 16 members and we are still growing. The goal is to have a group of people who are interested in getting together on a regular basis and inspire each other to scrapbook etc. The cost to join is $10/year to cover the cost for the meetup website but you don't have to pay right away. If you have any questions about the group, please feel free to email me or post here and I will be happy to answer any questions.

    Thank you,
    Lina
    Last edited by Lina; 10-26-2012 at 07:04 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Byron
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Hi Lina,
    I just wanted to thank you for starting such a great group! It has given me the nudge I needed to get back into scrapbooking! You've recruited a great bunch of ladies!
    Last edited by scotia76; 11-23-2012 at 12:48 PM.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I am so loving this group and you dont have to be a scrapbooker, we also love to knit and do all kinds of crafts. We are just looking to get some play dates for our kids and some much needed mommy time and what better to do in our mommy time is to be creative. I have really enjoyed the events I have been to so far! Thanks for setting it up Lina!

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. Thomas
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi everyone! I am expecting my first and LOVE scrapping and cardmaking. Even though I dont have any kids for playgroup yet could I still join? Is there anyone else in the group that is not quite yet a mom?

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    There is someone else expecting her first child right now too. We are open to anyone really, it started out as a playgroup for kids and moms but there is no requirement to have kids. We would love to have you join us!


    Brandi

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oakridge area, London, ON
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsKelly View Post
    Hi everyone! I am expecting my first and LOVE scrapping and cardmaking. Even though I dont have any kids for playgroup yet could I still join? Is there anyone else in the group that is not quite yet a mom?
    Hi,
    Congratulations on expecting your first child! =) We have a couple of other members who are expecting and a couple who just had kids, so there will be lots of kids around the same age. You are definitely welcome to join even if you can't come to our playdates for a while you can come and scrapbook or do other crafts with us. If you'd like to join, please go to: Scrap & Play London (London, ON) - Meetup.

    Thank you,
    Lina

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. Thomas
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    Hi,
    Congratulations on expecting your first child! =) We have a couple of other members who are expecting and a couple who just had kids, so there will be lots of kids around the same age. You are definitely welcome to join even if you can't come to our playdates for a while you can come and scrapbook or do other crafts with us. If you'd like to join, please go to: Scrap & Play London (London, ON) - Meetup.

    Thank you,
    Lina
    Thanks Lina, I am so excited about this group. I should be at the Saturday meet up!

    Thanks!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, ON
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    What a great idea!

Similar Threads

  1. Play group/get together w my 8mo old
    By racermom in forum Get-Togethers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 12:22 PM
  2. French play group
    By JKPLJ in forum Get-Togethers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 02:37 PM
  3. Play group for LM in South-west London
    By Hayley & Blake's Mom in forum Get-Togethers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 06:54 PM
  4. Play group!
    By IAmDenise in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •