Default what to do with cards?

give me some ideas as to how to scrapbook my kids cards (birthday, birth, etc).

what a way i can keep them with out taking up tons of space in there scrapbooks?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

My kids each have a photo box full of cards. I don't know what to do with them.

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Expert Forum User

One of my scrapbooks is birthday themed - I used the “pocket sheets“ from Staples for each birthday and just inserted it behind the scrapbook pages.
    STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS

Hmm... all I can think is if they are cards with special messages from family or friends... cut them out using craft scissors (or cut them into fun shapes) that are just big enough to frame the writing/message and do either a book or poster where they can flip open each card and see the message. =)

I have also seen a hole punche in each corner and a ring put through to make a small book type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by starinlondon View Post
    give me some ideas as to how to scrapbook my kids cards (birthday, birth, etc).

what a way i can keep them with out taking up tons of space in there scrapbooks?
    Hi,
    If you don't care if you have the original card you can take pictures of the cards and make the pictures small when you develope them (I use a program called Lumapix Fotofusion and you can fit a bunch of pictures onto one 4x6 picture. If you're interested you can download a free trial of that program and if you like it you can buy it and I think I only paid about $40 for it. I use a lot of small pictures in my scrapbooking so it has been totally worth it.) You can also do this with kids drawings etc. Good luck!
    Lina

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

For our wedding cards, we bought a standard scrapbook and put them in there. Each page held about 4 cards..... basically it is an album of just cards. Doesn't take up much room and I got to keep them all. As for birthday cards etc.. they go into a memory box but we usually end up tossing them once we get too many LOL
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I only keep cards if they have an actual personal message in them. Except, I pick a few years and just keep all from then -- like their first, and I think ds's sixth for some reason. I never keep musical cards (in case the battery leaks someday).
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

I have all my birthday cards and the kids birthday cards in a keepsake box for each of us.

My wedding/shower cards are all in a photo album, kind of made like a scrapbook, same with my baby shower cards. It is nice to pick up and look through every now and then.

Expert Forum User

I keep the special ones. From special people and with special messages.

loving the ideas thank you and keep them coming

I hole punched out wedding cards and then tied it all together with ribbons. That way it's like it's own little book. I've done it with our son's cards for his baby shower/birthdays.

Expert Forum User

2 large freezer zip lock bag full from the last 6 years or so. One day I am going to sit down and calculate how much money was spent on them. Lol.