Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Search for London Man in Beating at CPRI

Expert Forum User

This scares me, I have been trying to convince DH to consider respite for DS1. This situation will make it much harder to convince him to trust a total stranger with our child.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I think it's important to remember that this man doesn't represent CPRI at all. It's a great agency and the people there are fantastic... this man the obvious exception. Most people in this world are good people. Sometimes it's just hard to believe that.

Expert Forum User

Honestly, it takes alot to shock me anymore, but this one did because he's an employee. Wow.
    May the wind always be at your back

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by AuntPetunia View Post
    I think it's important to remember that this man doesn't represent CPRI at all. It's a great agency and the people there are fantastic... this man the obvious exception. Most people in this world are good people. Sometimes it's just hard to believe that.
    I hear what you are saying AP, but that is my point. It is hard enough to put your trust in an agency and to have something like this happen will make it harder for parents to do this in the future. Whether that is right or wrong, it will affect how parents feel about leaving their child with an agency.

I know that CPRI has done wonderful things for thousands of children but this is such a serious situation that it will take an inquest/investigation at the very least to determine how this man moved a 12 year old to the woods and beat him until he is in critical condition. Just typing that makes me tear up That poor boy and his family

Quote Originally Posted by AuntPetunia View Post
    I get what your saying I really do but as a parent who has left thier child in the care of cpri and am looking to again yeah it makes me question wether I will or not at minimum I think someone should be answering questions like how he managed to take the boy out alone etc becasue in my past experiences staff were never alone with the kids

I read that the police are viewing this as an abduction because of the fact that the child was removed from where he was supposed to be. Which means that this likely isn't a case of a worker dealing with a child and “snapping“ or being over zealous with a restraint or something. It would sound as if (from the article at least) there was some premeditation to remove the child to the remote location for malicious purpose.

That said, as tragic and horrific as this is, I don't think it should colour the view people have of the agency as a whole. There are random reports of horrific abuse from random boy scout leaders, teachers, clergy, doctors, therapists, etc. Scum who prey on kids exist in all walks of life and all professions. Unless there is some proof that CPRI was lax on requiring CR checks with vulnerable sector reports or lax in some supervision aspect, I doubt that there was much they could do to prevent this.
    Nemo likes this.
    "Anything is better than lies and deceit". Leo Tolstoy

How awful & how sad I feel for thIS boys & his family, as well as other staff members who work here (and with this freak who did this to this innocent child!).
    Last edited by 2boysmom; 09-10-2012 at 09:30 PM.

I hear he's being charged with attempted murder, forcible confinement & assaulting police.

I hope the boy is going to be ok. What an awful thing for him and his family to go through.
    Why yes I'm a Doula! (in training) come check out my Facebook for more info!. Or PM me!
    https://www.facebook.com/greatexpectationsdoula

here is my doulamatch profile: http://doulamatch.net/profile/6878/kate-williamson

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by laurensmom View Post
    That said, as tragic and horrific as this is, I don't think it should colour the view people have of the agency as a whole. There are random reports of horrific abuse from random boy scout leaders, teachers, clergy, doctors, therapists, etc. Scum who prey on kids exist in all walks of life and all professions. Unless there is some proof that CPRI was lax on requiring CR checks with vulnerable sector reports or lax in some supervision aspect, I doubt that there was much they could do to prevent this.
    So true...the prescreening process, CR, vulnerable, and references can only give so much information. You have to have been convicted to have CR, not a dropped charge, not a warning, not a few incidents. I don't know what a vulnerable shows, it probably shows a lot more and may show all types of incidents involving police. Reference checks should be comprehensive in a position like this, but again, only behaviours that were exhibited can be talked about. As awful as it is, this can happen anywhere. I think we, as parents, need to know there are limitations of these screening methods.
    Last edited by Pomegranate; 09-11-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Expert Forum User

Ugh...it just gets worse and worse. I wonder what sparked the other employees to look in the woods?

He's peas guilty to it all and doesn't want a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZooMama View Post
    Ugh...it just gets worse and worse. I wonder what sparked the other employees to look in the woods?
    I was wondering this too, who spotted (or stopped it)? the whole thing is so disturbing and enraging. I really hope this little boy is going to be OK.
    tough times don't last but tough people do

A friend of mine who works part time at CPRI said that the floor the boy was on was for the developmentally delayed and is completely locked down. I just don't understand why this happened. I feel so sorry for the boy's parents.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by aidensmom View Post
    A friend of mine who works part time at CPRI said that the floor the boy was on was for the developmentally delayed and is completely locked down. I just don't understand why this happened. I feel so sorry for the boy's parents.
    That is so disturbing.

Expert Forum User

Wow, new press release. . .sounds like he was a bit unstable - http://www.police.london.ca/d.aspx?s...%2F2012362.htm
    Last edited by Findabhair; 09-11-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast