Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

It is. Saturday, May 4th.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Bump! Less than a week - get ready!!

How much would you say is a good price for Gymboree clothes? I'm trying to figure out my pricing. Some I have full outfits and others are individual pieces such as t-shirts. I don't want to overprice things but I also don't want to give it away too cheaply.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Gymboree is tricky because only some people care and everyone else will laugh at the price and walk away. Stick with the same rule: 30-50% of the cheapest price you could've bought it for. If it doesn't sell, you can do an online sale after and try to find the niche market of Gymbo people.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by KimDC27 View Post
    How much would you say is a good price for Gymboree clothes? I'm trying to figure out my pricing. Some I have full outfits and others are individual pieces such as t-shirts. I don't want to overprice things but I also don't want to give it away too cheaply.
    Are you on GF BST? That's not a bad gauge for Gymbo pricing but like AP said, it's a gamble that someone shows up at the sale that likes, needs and wants Gymbo clothes. I have almost exclusively Gymbo and have been able to sell most of my stuff but I do price fairly reasonably.

Really it comes down to whether you want to sell it and get rid of it or make $$$ off of it......

Expert Forum User

OK - I want the advice of the London Moms who have done the sale before... or the one's who always attend.
    I have done the spring and fall sales for several years but,
    I didn't sell very much at the last sale - in fact, I made enough to buy myself a couple of Timmies coffee's and muffins which I consumed at the sale.

So I went through everything I brought home last time and changed out all the pricing to 50% of what I previously asked. I don't have even one piece of single clothing (even the NWT stuff) for more than $4. I've reduced the toys and books as well as made up signs for the toys / books (buy 5 or more get 50% off).

Any other advice for someone selling older children's clothing? My 2 youngest kids are in size 10 clothing now, so this is likely my last sale and I don't want to pack up anything and take it home again....

Any advice would be invaluable - especially if you have shopped at my table in years past and thought my prices were too high or my stuff wasn't arranged nicely etc.....

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by gogomom View Post
    OK - I want the advice of the London Moms who have done the sale before... or the one's who always attend.
    I didn't sell very much at the last sale - in fact, I made enough to buy myself a couple of Timmies coffee's and muffins which I consumed at the sale.

So I went through everything I brought home last time and changed out all the pricing to 50% of what I previously asked. I don't have even one piece of single clothing (even the NWT stuff) for more than $4. I've reduced the toys and books as well as made up signs for the toys / books (buy 5 or more get 50% off).

Any other advice for someone selling older children's clothing? My 2 youngest kids are in size 10 clothing now, so this is likely my last sale and I don't want to pack up anything and take it home again....

Any advice would be invaluable - especially if you have shopped at my table in years past and thought my prices were too high or my stuff wasn't arranged nicely etc.....
    Regarding the clothes in the larger sizes, definitely make up a large sign stating the larger sizes you have....sometimes people are looking for those, but cannot sift through all the tables to find them. I would say, go with what you're pricing and if you are noticing people are looking but not buying, then slash your prices if you're wanting to get rid of everything. Bring a black magic marker to note it on your signs.

Administrator Site Admin

I find it's harder to buy older boys clothing because boys generally tend to be rough on their clothes. If things look faded or like they've been through a couple of kids then I skip the table pretty quickly. There are just too many vendors to feel like I have to sift through items. For that reason I'd suggest only bringing the really good condition items because even though you may have a lot of really good condition stuff, just seeing some that isn't in great condition can be enough for shoppers to keep walking. Personally I think you'll sell more if it's all looking great and you can donate the other stuff and feel good about helping people as well.

Your prices sound good though, I don't usually pay more than a couple of bucks unless it's a brand I love or something.

AP is right - selling things for less at the sale than you would online or otherwise might mean less per item but more overall. I'd rather spend three hours selling than hours taking pictures and dealing with kijiji no shows.

Good luck! I'll come look for R...he's in a size 10 now! My boys wear uniforms though so I don't get to buy a lot of clothes for them!
    Leslie

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by gogomom View Post

I looked at your things last Fall. And hesitated on some things that I wished I wouldn't have, if I remember right. I think you'll be good with that pricing. It's not got to do with your arranging.....

Btw, even if you aren't going to do the sales after this, I may be interested in looking at your stuff as your boys continue to grow. My boy has just gone into sz. 8 so he's a wee bit behind but if you're interested in doing that, I would be too. I'll see ya Friday!

Ok, I'm a bit worried I'm overpriced on my sets and dresses, some are priced between $5 and $10...is this too much. Some were worn once and are in excellent condition, however I have so much stuff that I don't want to take it all back and make no money....should I lower all my prices to under $5.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetinks View Post
    Ok, I'm a bit worried I'm overpriced on my sets and dresses, some are priced between $5 and $10...is this too much. Some were worn once and are in excellent condition, however I have so much stuff that I don't want to take it all back and make no money....should I lower all my prices to under $5.
    Depends if you're talking Gymbo or just Walmart-type things....... even at $10, Gymbo has to be pretty good for me to want it but I'm cheap. Really cheap.

Has anyone in the past sold receiving blankets? I have a lot of stuff for my table so I want to make sure the stuff I set out is worth the space it's using up

Expert Forum User

Don't forget that you can use all the space under/in front of your table too. Just make sure that items don't get out into the aisle to impede walking or to allow people to look at the items on the table top. Same with under your rack too, if you bought rack space.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylite2020 View Post
    I think i might have missed an email set up is friday at 730pm right? is there a set of doors that we are supposed to use I don't know lucas secondary school at all...
    I was also wondering which door we are suppose to come in through on Friday/Saturday.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by KimDC27 View Post
    I was also wondering which door we are suppose to come in through on Friday/Saturday.
    Everybody always congregates by the back doors. You can unload and then move your vehicle. These are the closest doors to both areas inside.
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast