Default A1 Hero Parties!

Hi All!
    We had my DS 5 birthday party yesterday and these guys came and did the Star Wars Party. It was amazing. They do such a good job!! We had 2 Jedis and Darth Vadar and a Storm Trooper!

But they do everyone imaginable almost from princesses, Elmo, Buzz Lightyear, Super Heroes...

Anyway I was so impressed, I just wanted to put in a good word if any one is looking for a birthday party idea! Actually my brother was there and thought they'd be fun for an adult party too! Lol!!

Here is a link to their website!

Superhero Party

Expert Forum User

Thanks for the review. I bookmarked them for possible future parties. It is great to hear about local companies!

Expert Forum User

The only thing I didn't like about them,we were at two parties and for both the dude came in civilian clothes, walked around the house to look at the “location“ then changed, did his thing, which was good. Then went away changed again, came out and gave business cards to the parents. I thought that was dumb. All the older kids figured out that he wasn't real. When we had Cinderella from my perfect princess party my daughter opened the door and her jaw dropped from seeing her. She was fully dressed and instead of giving out business cards their contact info is on the bottom of the princess certificate. Much better set up. We wer at two other mpp parties and same thing full attire, never anything but a princess.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by /wasn't me/ View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about them,we were at two parties and for both the dude came in civilian clothes, walked around the house to look at the “location“ then changed, did his thing, which was good. Then went away changed again, came out and gave business cards to the parents. I thought that was dumb. All the older kids figured out that he wasn't real. When we had Cinderella from my perfect princess party my daughter opened the door and her jaw dropped from seeing her. She was fully dressed and instead of giving out business cards their contact info is on the bottom of the princess certificate. Much better set up. We wer at two other mpp parties and same thing full attire, never anything but a princess.
    Is this mpp? My Perfect Princess Party ?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Upsidedownmuffin View Post

Sounds like it - the same happened when we had Belle at DD1s party, and have been to countless other princess parties. When we had Belle, DD1 answered the door and Belle was there. We even arranged it so that Belle new her name and 'remembered' her from a previous party. Loved every moment of that surprise!

I would be ticked if the character did not arrive and leave in full costume. If necessary and prearranged, I would allow for costume changes, but the kids would not see it and no business cards would be handed out.

I believe, PPP and A1, are run by the same people.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by BemusedMom View Post
    I believe, PPP and A1, are run by the same people.
    Hmm, not sure. Looks like MPP offers super hero parties though. My Perfect Superhero Party

Ooh that's weird. . .I stand corrected. . .the PPP links to A1 from their website. . .

Looks like I found GTA's MPP and there is a specific London website. . .ignore me lol.
    Last edited by Findabhair; 08-13-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by /wasn't me/ View Post
    We just had A1 Hero party as well and my guy didn't do this.. once he changed he came over to me and handed ME a bunch of business cards. He did not go to the area where the children were. When he first came over, he went into the garage and asked where the kids were, and then asked where we would want him and went about it so that none of the kids noticed him checking out the location. I think they need some help from the parents to do this.
    I think the older kids know the superhero is not real anyway they still have tons of fun. I also highly recommend them!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

i looked at the site and couldnt figure out what exactly they do? i know they come in costume. but do they do games and stuff wtih the kids? how long do they come for? (i am interested in a batman one next year maybe)
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivveyy View Post
    i looked at the site and couldnt figure out what exactly they do? i know they come in costume. but do they do games and stuff wtih the kids? how long do they come for? (i am interested in a batman one next year maybe)
    I think the A1 hero website does give a sample party timeline. Our hero did not arrive in costume but changed somewhere in private and none of the kids knew. He did a bunch of games with the kids, things like musical mats (sort of like musical chairs) superhero exercise and things like that.
    He did keep them occupied for the entire time and the kids just loved him. I have a video to prove it
    If you are looking for more specific information just message me.

Expert Forum User

This sounds great ladies.
    May the wind always be at your back

Expert Forum User

It doesn't list London as one of their locations?
    May the wind always be at your back

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin View Post
    It doesn't list London as one of their locations?
    The head office is London.

Warning to Mums who wish to have a super hero party with this company - we just had the worst experience this weekend!

Don't use A1 Hero The Party Performers!

Terrible customer service - they threatened to leave my son's 5th birthday party (May 14th, 2016) as we had to deal with a parent emergency and we didn't get them from their change room on time and pretty much ruined the day for us. Our friends and family and the staff of the venue saw how awful they treated us. Even "Darth Vader", his partner apologized for how Oliver, the owner behaved.

Unprofessional and despicable attitudes - no leeway for bumps in the road. Give me a break - it's a kids party and they are not Hollywood stars, but pretty much have the attitudes of one. They refused to call my husband by his name and referred to him as roadie only. They also made passive aggressive remarks during the show aimed at my husband and other guests.

To make matters worse, the golf course where we had the party, just informed us this morning that they punched a hole in one of the lockers!

Sorry to say, we were excited, but would never recommend Oliver Cosme and his company who take themselves too seriously and damage property. Sadly they are the only game tin town who offer super heroes and they know it (I smell a business opportunity!) Don't use them, I told all the parents at the party, my kids' school and will be spreading the word. Three other mums have come forward and agree with me. PLEASE SHARE!
    Last edited by Desirée S. Ford; 05-16-2016 at 12:50 PM.