Default Horseback riding

A friend wants to go horse back riding with her 5 year old. She doesn't quite know where to go / start looking. Anyone have any recommendations of places where they can go? They live 1/2 hour west (down the 401) of London so anything west or south of London is the best but she would be willing to go wherever.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Circle R? I think she will be hard pressed to find somewhere to allow a 5 year old to ride on a trail TBH.
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

She was going to ride along with her I think. She grew up with horses so she has experience.

Expert Forum User

you can go to Cinch and ride you can lead your lo on a pony or horse. I dont think anyone would let them go on a trail ride at a young age.

My dd1 rides at Warwick Equestrian and loves it. She is 6
    Scentsy Rep. on Facebook Perfectly-Scented Scentsy my website www.perfectly-scented.scentsy.ca

Fundraising to get our daughter a service dog. please feel free to visit her fundraising page https://www.facebook.com/groups/415637608516807/

SPARKLE TATTOO!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Danas...41850885905215

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

We go to Horseshoe J Dude ranch. We LOVE LOVE LOVE them. We took our entire brownie group there. We did our ride in their training center because all of our girls were completely inexperienced, however they had said depending on how comfortable our girls got we could go out on a trail. My DD is actually going to a full week of camp there next week. She gets assigned a horse for the week and has to help care for it and ride itthree times a day most days. She is sooo excited.

Sue there is great!! I would highly higly recommend them. They are down the 401 about 20 min or so for me. Really close to Fingal if you know where that is
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Thanks ladies, I will pass on those recommendations

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    We go to Horseshoe J Dude ranch. We LOVE LOVE LOVE them. We took our entire brownie group there. We did our ride in their training center because all of our girls were completely inexperienced, however they had said depending on how comfortable our girls got we could go out on a trail. My DD is actually going to a full week of camp there next week. She gets assigned a horse for the week and has to help care for it and ride itthree times a day most days. She is sooo excited.

Sue there is great!! I would highly higly recommend them. They are down the 401 about 20 min or so for me. Really close to Fingal if you know where that is
    how much are the week camps there? feel free to pm me if you want
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Ivveyy View Post
    how much are the week camps there? feel free to pm me if you want
    20 years ago my family paid $500 for me. Seems to me their prices have not gone up that much. I believe its closer to $650 now. I asked Sue when I took my DD there three weeks ago.

BTW - Sue was my trial rider wayyyyyyy back then.
    May the wind always be at your back

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

It is $640 a week (sunday at 4 - Saturday at 11) PLUS HST and helmet rental if you do not have one. I think it worked out to about $730 for us. Kaitlyn asked for it for her birthday because she does not need a lot of toys and such and the grandparents and a couple aunts/uncles gave her cash to pay for it. worked out great and she is soooooo excited.

On a side note I can not say enough wonderful things about Sue and Riley too. They really are amazing. They made my 8 year old feel ok with over nights for a week without me. They are special people for sure.
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

My dd just got back from Voltege camp out in ottawa. An amazing program if you don't mind the drive.

I used to work at Cinch Stables, but I'll be honest in saying you will most likely not be able to go on a trail ride there.
    My best bet would be Texas Longhorn Ranch out near Strathroy. Fred and Gale are the owners and you couldn't meet nicer people. They have old horse drawn wagons that you can rent for the family to sleep overnight and offer trail rides for all levels of experience.
    I have had experience with almost all of the local stables (including Circle R), but I highly recommend Texas Longhorn Ranch over everything else in the area.
    Hope your friend has a good time
    I am a Masters student studying Maternal Health Geography and I'm also a labour doula. Please visit www.facebook.com/ExperienceBirthTheDoulaWay or my doula match profile at http://doulamatch.net/profile/5004/caren-raedts for more information.