Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splash pants?

Expert Forum User

Default Splash pants?

Forgive my ignorance, but what are splash pants and where can I get them for a toddler?

They sound horridly unstylish but I gather they are like snow pants but lighter? So good for keeping dry when playing outside while not weighing little ones down? I'm thinking that Anna's new found love of puddles calls for something like this.

Expert Forum User

You can find them almost anywhere Zellers, Walmart, Sears, etc. Buy them early as they often sell out!
    I got ds a pair from Sears last year for $4 so at least they aren't expensive. lol.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Splash pants just keep pants clean & usually dry when worn over top of play clothes.. they are like a nylon type material I think.
    You can buy lined ones with fleece or whatever, or just plain splash pants. We usually have better luck with lined pants though.
    You can usually pick them up at walmart, or TCP or Zellers.. anywhere really. Esp this time of year. They are great for puddle lovers

If it helps, L.L. Bean usually has some cute splash pant and jacket sets

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by ~Laurie~ View Post
    If it helps, L.L. Bean usually has some cute splash pant and jacket sets
    Okay, NOW we're talking the materialistic mama talk!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'm going to check out the Masonville stores tomorrow!

there were cute sets at cheeky monkey when I was there last weekend.. almost bought 2
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Bonnie Toggs has some aswell
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Got a cute pair at the Superstore last year...stumbled on them by accident. First time I put her in them she ran straight for a muddle puddle and dived in head first !?!? Wish I had my camera then!

Last year Little Charmers in Arva had cute splash suits by Kooshies. She might be have them again this year.

Gillian, We've got the LL Bean rain gear and it's great. My kids also both have one piece suits which I love also. MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) sells one (we have an older two toned one, now they're just a solid colour) and I also have a "Muddy Buddy" for Ben which comes in yellow with navy reinforced knees etc. It was just as good in quality and a fair bit cheaper than the MEC one. It's made by Tuffo if I recall correctly.

Peek'a Boo

Sears (at Masonville anyway) sells landsend now. They seemed to have some rain suits, but I'm not sure sizes as I was just passing thru.

Splash pants are awesome, they're great for the fall/winter transition too. But buy them now as they're considered a "spring" item.

Oilily usually makes a cute rain jacket, I use to pair it up with any matching rain pant I could find.(yellow ones from winners last year) Their jackets are sooo cute who cares about the pant! I always bought the jacket 1 sz bigger to last 2 yrs. My daughter is still in her sz 6 I bought last year! They fit baggy!

I got Jonah some last year at MEC and they are great! Although not stylish. Going to look for some cuter ones for Evie for this year. Let me know what you find!

How quickly does LL Bean deliver? And do you think I'd get hit with much in the way of duty? I've been looking around town, and haven't actually found any splash pants in a size 2T or 24 months.... the only place I could find was The Children's Place and they were sold out of small sizes. Maybe I'm too late and everyone's sold out locally?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    How quickly does LL Bean deliver? And do you think I'd get hit with much in the way of duty? I've been looking around town, and haven't actually found any splash pants in a size 2T or 24 months.... the only place I could find was The Children's Place and they were sold out of small sizes. Maybe I'm too late and everyone's sold out locally?
    My MIL bought my DD a splash pant suit (coat and pants) from The Red Apple, of all places! It is pretty cute too. It is from a couple of years ago but I saw them there last year as well. They are also cheap but work great.

ETA: It is a size 24mths.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast