Lightbulb Looking for a cricut?

Okay ladies, I've been thinking for a while now that perhaps I should invest in a Cricut? I think I want a cricut, or perhaps one of its equivalents? I'd like something to do so shapes and perhaps letters....not really too concerned about anything else. Suggestions? Best places to buy without breaking the bank? Cartridges? I"m new at this particular product...usually I just paint things by hand
    Madness takes its toll, please have exact change.

Custom artwork, Murals, Murals to Go, and furniture...Creatively Affordable!
    www.JillParkhill.com

Expert Forum User

The Shopping Channel is where I got mine. They had a great deal on a huge package, cricut, 3 cartridges, 2 mats, and 2 pks of markers.

But If you are going to invest get the bigger one right away.
    Costco often has them on sale as well.

And as for cartridges, ebay!! I got good deals, paid $34 for one that was $79.99 here in Walmart. Just be sure to check shipping costs.
    Love isn't love till you give it away.

Expert Forum User

I got mine from Costco.ca and it delivered within 24 hours.

Expert Forum User

We should buy one for the group and sell time-shares on the sucker. I want one too, but really so I can make some vinyl decals for the walls more than anything. I could see myself wanting to make the occasional shape for scrapbooking, but it isn't something I would use a lot so it seems like a huge investment as opposed to say, a pair of scissors.

I bought my expression in the states at Joann's. At the time it was the cheapest there.

Costco usually has a good deal. As for cartridges I buy them on ebay or in the states when I go. The other thing I have done is order them online through a craft site. There are some that will ship to Canada and it doesn't cost a lot to do that.

I bought mine from the US...WAY cheaper! I bought it from this website: Hallmark Scrapbook - The ultimate in Cricut, Sizzix and other diecut systems (the had a great deal at time of purchase)

I would recommend perhaps a similar machine called the Silhouette. It cuts more materials AND you can purchase software such as Sure Cuts A Lot that will allow you to cut any shapes you want without purchasing cartridges (well worth the cost! I have it for my cricut but they are no longer allowed to sell it for the cricut due to a lawsuit. I never use the cartridges.)
    Seeing life through the eyes of a toddler is....AMAZING! Enjoy them while you can!

The silhouette is a great looking machine, you don't need to buy cartridges so it is much more economical in the end. I would get one but I already have a cricut with he SCAL program. There is a silhouette and accessories coop going on right now and open until June 9th. I love my cricut but always suggest people go with the silhouette instead, there is just so much more it can do.