Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Officially an SK

My baby is moving onto SK in the fall. she will have the same teacher again next year. I do have mixed feelings on this just because I didn't feel she was challenged enough this year. Our school will have FDK in Sept and with it being play based learning I'm afraid she will be bored to tears and again not challenged. I really hope I am wrong. To top it off most of the kids she played with this year are either moving onto grade one or were put into the new Kindy class. She will see her fellow SK's at lunch recess but not the grade ones.

On a side note did you get told what reading level your kids were at? Dd's report card was glowing and I am very proud of her but I have no idea what kind os scale she is on as far as her reading goes. I'd love it know t help her along over the summer.

How'd your JKers do?
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Did they give you a letter or a number for reading level?

Lauren's teacher didn't tell me what level she was at, but I know where she is because we read leveled books at home. Her teacher just wrote “L continues to progress very well in both reading and writing“.

The typical guideline for where they want them to be at the end of SK is level C which is a 3/4. But, many kids are well beyond that.
    "Anything is better than lies and deceit". Leo Tolstoy

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

No reading level at all was given. She was bringing home D readers for the snuggle up and read books, she read them with ease but that was at her choosing and not teacher directed.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.