Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Question Are Lulu headbands

worth the money? What makes them so wonderful?

Expert Forum User

I find mine to be no different than any other headband. It slips off as the day goes on.
    I'm

[/B]

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

You know how Goody came out with that line a little while ago that were all no-slip and they had the headbands that had the little rubber lines all through them so they stayed in place on your head, but were kind of ugly and looked like a bra strap? The newer line of Lulu headbands has one of those sewn in, more or less, so it stays in place. Some styles don't though and are just like any other headband.

I, personally, don't think they're worth the money, but I am not a headband person. I don't get why people wear workout stuff when they aren't working out So, the only time I'd wear a headband is when exercising and when exercising I wear the cheaper Goody ones because I don't care. I did buy a Lulu one, but of course I've lost it. I'm not buying another.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by AuntPetunia View Post
    You know how Goody came out with that line a little while ago that were all no-slip and they had the headbands that had the little rubber lines all through them so they stayed in place on your head, but were kind of ugly and looked like a bra strap? The newer line of Lulu headbands has one of those sewn in, more or less, so it stays in place. Some styles don't though and are just like any other headband.

I, personally, don't think they're worth the money, but I am not a headband person. I don't get why people wear workout stuff when they aren't working out So, the only time I'd wear a headband is when exercising and when exercising I wear the cheaper Goody ones because I don't care. I did buy a Lulu one, but of course I've lost it. I'm not buying another.
    Goody has them now where they're sewn in as well, they're comparable to the basic lulu headband, which I wouldn't bother paying for, it just doesn't work well for me
    ...but I do have the bang buster style bang buster headband | women's headwear | lululemon athletica and I adore it! I have thick hair and an oddly shaped head so I need a thicker band. This one never slips and is very comfortable. I wear it around the house just to keep my hair up and out of my face or to the beach etc..
    Last edited by newmum2; 06-12-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    tough times don't last but tough people do

Expert Forum User

I have a couple that I bought years ago and yep they slide off. I haven't tried the non-slip ones though.

I had to sew mine to make it smaller so it didn't slip off my head

Not worth it at all! I have a few lulu ones that I paid $12 bucks each for and I prefer my under armour ones...I got them at sport check for $12 for a 6 pack I think. Also, when they start to stretch, I just stick them in the dryer and voila...back to normal Love under armour!
    Catherine
    Mama of 2 wonderful Children,
    July 2006 & January 2008

Expert Forum User

I kind of feel like the real purpose of them is to show that you are wearing Lulu, no? I don't own any, but I thought that's the point, otherwise yeah, the Goody ones will do. I guess it just depends on your intent.

I bought the non-slip band for soccer, and it slipped off on to the field during a game. I then gave it to my teenager to wear to school for the cool factor. I would not buy another.
    My musings about my children, my crafts and everything and anything else can be found on my blog.

Expert Forum User

Good to know. I'm not one for wearing name brands, but there's such a craze over them, I wondered if they were really that great.
    I just chopped my hair off & need something to keep it back in the heat. Looks like I'm going to try the Under Armour ones first, thanks!

Expert Forum User

Slid right off my head so now my DD wears it.

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I agre .. NOT WORTH IT!! I bought one on Friday because I really needed something for soccer. I had to readjust it or put it back on while on the field aboyt 10 times. Now I am on the hunt for something better. I want to get my hair cut off again like it was two years ago but I can not do that until I have a head band that works that Ican wear for soccer!!
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User

I ordered this Bang Buster last week as it had great reviews on lulu:
    bang buster headband | women's headwear | lululemon athletica

Should arrive any day and I'll report my findings. But the regular ones I don't find to be anything too special.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Regular one also fell off during soccer. Then I lost it.

Will also check out under armour! Cause I want to wear one, but I need it to stay when I'm running.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Expert Forum User

I have one and it's fine but not any better than any other headband.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast