Expert Forum User

Default Torture myself to prove a point.

I stopped using chemical filled laundry detergent when DD was about two and had severe excema.

I've been using Rockin Green about a year now for everything and love it.

DH and I have an ongoing battle because he things that since the clothes don't come out SMELLING like perfume, they are not clean. I remind him that Rockin Green gets our diapers clean and bright each wash, so its working for the clothes too.

Well we recieved a sample of some laundry scent enhancer thing the other day. I decided to toss it in with the towels because I can bet my savings that within a couple days DH will comment how much CLEANER the towels are, depsite the fact that all I did was toss some perfume into the wash.

Problem is, the smell is making me feel sick, its so strong. I hope it doesn't stay on the towels more than a few washes.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Expert Forum User

It is a marketing ploy essentially that your laundry has to “smell clean“. Scents a lot of times are what cause people issues. Laundry detergent doesn't need to bubble up either when you are doing laundry for it to be effective or clean better either. All marketing from the big companies.

Expert Forum User

Do you have separate closets? Maybe spray his clothes with febreeze once they're hung up?

That, or maybe suggest that he does all of his own laundry separate from everyone else's and uses his own laundry detergent.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Expert Forum User

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

if youi used that downy thing from the p and g samples you only needed 1/2 a pack, they always say its for one load but they always over do it

my Dh has complained about our laundry not having much scent either (I use Ecos, it's naturally scented with essential oils but you can barely smell it) ... Anyways, I told him he can do his own laundry with his own detergent and he's never complained about it since.

Handmade Headbands, Hats, Tutus and Accessories
    Check out Pretty Bambino Headbands, Hats and Accessories on Facebook!

www.facebook.com/PrettyBambinoHeadbands

Proud Mommy to Ethan and Ila

Expert Forum User

Yep, DH is the same way, thinks it has to smell in order to be clean.

Expert Forum User

I have to admit that unless my laundry smells like Tide and Bounce - I don't think it “seems“ clean either.
    I have tried every single washing machine detergent and IMO, Tide is the only one that gets everything clean on the first go - I've even tried the make it yourself stuff.

Expert Forum User

maybe try essential oils for a “clean smell“?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by gogomom View Post
    I have to admit that unless my laundry smells like Tide and Bounce - I don't think it “seems“ clean either.
    I have tried every single washing machine detergent and IMO, Tide is the only one that gets everything clean on the first go - I've even tried the make it yourself stuff.
    You have to try Rockin Green. I have no problems with it, I wash loads filled with 25 dirty diapers and they come out nice and clean. I do still treat kids clothing stains with shout, but otherwise I just use the rockin green and I love it.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

vinegar might help neutralize the smell a bit
    Why yes I'm a Doula! (in training) come check out my Facebook for more info!. Or PM me!
    https://www.facebook.com/greatexpectationsdoula

here is my doulamatch profile: http://doulamatch.net/profile/6878/kate-williamson