Expert Forum User

Default Where do you print your photobooks?

I'm looking for quality at a reasonable price. I have stampin' up digital scrapbooking software but prefer to spend less then $60 or $80 for an album.
    I've used Black's and been happy, but I alway wait for a sale, currently 8.5x11 are 35% off, $28 but I really like 12x12 or atleast 10x10's.
    Have you used Picaboo or any of the other sites that offer Groupon's and stuff?

Expert Forum User

SOHO and Somewhere between here and there.

I have used Picaboo and looooooooooooved it! You download their software, and build as you go. Great quality!!!!!!!! And very user friendly!!!!!!!

If I had more time I would be doing more. They always send emails with sales (50%, and other offers). I don't think I would pay for full price knowing a sale could be coming up.

Expert Forum User

I use www.artscow.com. When you sign up you get tonnes of free credits towards prints, photobooks, etc. The shipping is a bit higher since it's coming from Hong Kong but with the free credit it's almost always cheaper than other sites. I've been using them for about 5 years now and never been disappointed with the quality.
    Jodie
    Mom to 3 boys (9, 7 and 4) &
    our little girl (born Dec 2013)
    www.brightmindschildcare.ca
    www.jodie.lovablelabels.ca

My mom has made a few with My Publisher. They are great quality and you can really make the pages the way you want. They range in price from $3-$60 depending on size and cover. You also get 2 copies for the price of one, great if you are making a gift for grandparents or you can keep one for yourself.
    DS born December 17, 2011

Expert Forum User

I used picaboo at Christmas time with a sale code. The quality is fabulous! My only beef was that I paid extra for expedited delivery (I was late placing the order) and then more than a month after the fact I got a bill from fed ex for another $15 in brokerage fees. So I ended up paying about $55 in shipping for two $20 books. I was not happy about that.

I used Blurb, and the book looked amazingly professional. It was a bit pricey, but it was SO worth it. That says something because I am the cheapest person I know.
    My musings about my children, my crafts and everything and anything else can be found on my blog.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
    I use www.artscow.com. When you sign up you get tonnes of free credits towards prints, photobooks, etc. The shipping is a bit higher since it's coming from Hong Kong but with the free credit it's almost always cheaper than other sites. I've been using them for about 5 years now and never been disappointed with the quality.
    I'd heard good things about them and check them out last Christmas. I didn't get any actual prints or photobooks, just ornaments and stuff like that but was not pleased with the quality of 3 of the 7 things so I haven't used them since. I know you get what you pay for but a happy medium would be great.
    And $40 for a book from Black's isn't bad for the quality, but I hate waiting for sale on the 12x12's, so maybe I'll grab a picaboo groupon and then I'll have flexibility when I use it.

We did one with Apple for a present for the Grandparents. It turned out really nice. 20 pages and the total price was $40 (including shipping) Was a hard cover book.