Thread: holidays

Default holidays

I'm just wondering how everyone handles the holidays with the x. Right now we haven't set any rules for holidays, we just follow the visitiation schedule. However, after 16 months of this, it seems holidays usually fall when he has them. That doesn't really sit well when I'm the one who loves special occasions (he could care less) and I'm the one who cares for them 80% of the time. I would like to approach him about changing this, but though I should do some research first.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Our court order is that it is up to us how holidays go but I get last say.

One Christmas he took them for the afternoon. 2 year ago Christmas he came to our house for about an hour to see them. Last Christmas not even a phone call. All other holidays he ignores (even birthdays). Thats fine with me, I don't like sharing anywayss (but would of course!!)

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

We have it set out in our agreement - alternate years for the holidays. For example this year the kids were with me for March break, next year they will be with their Dad. Christmas they spend the first week off school with one parent and the second week with the other - alternating each year - the exception being Christmas day we both see them if they are with their Dad they come home christmas day at 4pm and go back to him boxing day at 4 until the end of the first half of Christmas break. Sounds confusing I know.....

Expert Forum User

We have it set out in our court order

Even years I get them from Christmas Eve till 3pm Christmas day, then he gets them from Christmas Day till 8pm Boxing day. I have them for the 2 week school break

Odd years, he picks them up at 5pm Christmas Eve till 3pm Christmas Day, I get them till they go back to school.

If Mother's day lands on his weekend, he has to return the children to me by 10am that day.

If Father's day lands on my time, he is welcome to pick them up at 10am and return them by 8pm (he has never done this in the 5 years)

My ex and his lawyer wrote this out, they didn't ask for easter, march break etc.

hopefully your ex agrees to the change becasue in my old order we never outlined it and my lawyer said I was under ZERO obligation to hand her over on a holiday if it was not his weekend but that if it was his weekend and he showed I would have to. Thankfully he did not celebrate holidays so not only did he not show on holidays when ever there was a holiday and he had custody he handed her over too.

most people alternate years like even years mom gets Christmas eve at set time to christmas day at set time, even year halloween etc etc

moms day is always mom, dads is always dad same with bdays

hopefully your ex agrees to the change becasue in my old order we never outlined it and my lawyer said I was under ZERO obligation to hand her over on a holiday if it was not his weekend but that if it was his weekend and he showed I would have to. Thankfully he did not celebrate holidays so not only did he not show on holidays when ever there was a holiday and he had custody he handed her over too.

most people alternate years like even years mom gets Christmas eve at set time to christmas day at set time, even year halloween etc etc

moms day is always mom, dads is always dad same with bdays