Expert Forum User

Default Not sure which one to take first

I need to take 6 grade 12 U or M courses including grade 12 english, biology and chemistry, grade 11 functions. I am not sure what other ones I should be taking in order to maximize my chances of getting into BScN program at Western. I'm also not sure which one to start with. Do I start "easy" and play it safe with english since it has been YEARS since I have done any sort of schooling or do I start with something I love like biology ?

Also which other grade 12 course would be preferable ? I am thinking physics, data management but that still leaves me one more to choose and I have no idea which one would benefit me.

Expert Forum User

I took my upgrade courses through the ILC and started with english, I only needed the pre-requisites since I had some OAC classes on my transcript so I took those 4. I think I would have gone with something easy to bring up my average though if I'd needed more. Good luck deciding!
    Alicia
    Mommy to Summer, Avery, and Bentley

in the kitchen, the garden, and the laundry room

i woudl start with english, freshen up the writing skills as you will need those for the other subjects.

if you don`t already know your way around computer programs like word, excel, power point, i would suggest gr 11 computers. i started with gr 10 but i dont`know if you`ll need that. i don`t know if gr12 level would be helpful, they study the other stuff, open office and related programs.

i found i learnd A LOT that has really been helpful already and i`m not even starting my college course yet, i just use the skills day to day with the kids and homework and creatuve fun stuff too!

Expert Forum User

I'm. It sure what grade 11 functions is because they didn't have that when I went to school. Is it a math?? I was going to suggest finite math (it was an oac course when I was in school) because it will give you a good background for when you have to take research and statistics. For us that was 3rd year of the program and a lot of people struggled with it.