Default how does your life change with more kids?are you more busy or are the kids more busy?

how does your life change with more kids? and what is better, to have them closer in age or farther apart? and are you more busy dealing with all your kids (whats the trickiest part i.e. mealtimes, bedtimes)? or does more kids mean your kids will be occupied as they have companions to play with (although there might be some rivalry too).....i have 2 of my own. i love the dynamics right now with the two, 6 months and 2.6years. older loves the younger. wonder how another addition down the road might change things.....

how did you moms deal with an expanding family and what were the greatest changes or adjustments?? any info, tips would be appreciated...thanks!!

Expert Forum User

For me going from 2 to 3 was a very easy transition. I'm crazy busy now, but I also work full-time and commute. I have basically cut out all of my hobbies except for LMs of course. I know it's just for now. As they mature I'll have more free time again. My oldest two are 2 years 3 months apart and there are exactly 3 years between the youngest. We did a bigger age gap because of daycare, we couldn't afford 3 in daycare at once so planned accordingly. I love having three kids.

My youngest is 21 months now.

Expert Forum User

Everything is so different from family to family. Parenting style, stress levels, family dynamics, work schedules, etc. change everything sooo much!
    I have 4 that are 4 years 8 months from top to bottom, they are all about 18 months apart. Of course close in age in all I know. Boys is another thing I only know, and mixed genders likely changes everything, but I don't know.
    I love them close together. They are almost 2-6 years old and the oldest two play very independantly and very well together. Of course if there was a larger gap, say a 6 and 4 year old and a baby two would be in school part (or full) time which would mean you'd only have one during the day, easy breezy! But close together means they MAY be all interested in things together at the same time, etc.
    I don't really have an answer though.

Expert Forum User

I don't find I am overly busy.

I have four under 6. right now they are 6, 5, 4 and 15.5 months. the older three are 15 months apart.

Dd1 we only had for six months before dd2 was born. it was busy at that time but all in routine.

we also have lo's with special needs.
    Scentsy Rep. on Facebook Perfectly-Scented Scentsy my website www.perfectly-scented.scentsy.ca

Fundraising to get our daughter a service dog. please feel free to visit her fundraising page https://www.facebook.com/groups/415637608516807/

SPARKLE TATTOO!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Danas...41850885905215

Ridiculously busy with lots of kids! Mostly when they're still young. I don't have much time to myself and find I make a lot of sacrifices to make sure everyone has what they need and when they need it. My needs come last it seems which is okay for now. When they're older, I expect to have more of “me time“ back. Its a rare treat to have time to myself without at least one (or all) of the kids with me.

I have small gaps and large gaps between my kids.

I find when they're close in age, it is busier when they are young but they play and interact better with each other which helps. They occupy each other and aren't often bored. But they fight a lot too.

With a bigger gap, its hard to find things to do that will satisfy them both. They also fight but more annoying/teasing then fighting.

ETA...I am not a SAHM so I wonder if things would be much different if I was. What we do on the weekends and evenings could be achieved during the day which may help ease up the business.
    Last edited by White Daisy; 05-18-2012 at 10:46 AM.