Expert Forum User

Default Do you remember your pregnancy?

Just wondering if those mom's who had a traumatic and/or early birth remember their pregnancy very well.

I really don't remember much of my pregnancy with dd. I remember everything about my pregnancy with her older brother 9 years later. If prompted by reading my journal I can look back at my pregnancy with dd but that is about the only way. I have 8 weeks less of pregnancy to remember so that may be part of it.
    I wonder if the 4 months in hospital, all we were dealing with and the lack of babymoon have taken over my memories. Any others in the same boat?

It's just been on my mind lately.
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

I do remember everything about my pregnancy, the scares, DD's early birth and our NICU experience, I think about an aspect of it everyday, because I still feel so affected by it. But I think it would be normal to not remember some details as the NICU experiences are stressful and maybe are forefront in your mind?

Expert Forum User

I remember too. I think because it was my first. I had this ideal of what I thought it was suppose to be like and it was so NOT! The first u/s was exciting because it was our first glimpse but it was followed by major morning sickness. Then the next u/s showed the cyst on her brain and then the placental insufficiency. Once I hit a little further on my placenta gave me nothing but issues and I was just waiting to be admitted. I was on strict hospital bed rest for over a month and when they just thought I might be ok they let me come home for a weekend...well I bled A LOT! I spent the remainder of my pregnancy in the hospital so it is hard to forget. ALL that time there then I had her (5 1/2 weeks early) and had to leave without her. She was not in the NICU for long but 1 day was too long

If the pregnancy journey was uneventful then the birth and the whirlwind that follows will take over. I remember my pregnancy more I think because there was just always something. When she was in the NICU we knew what was wrong and were hopeful she did well for as little as she was. So still eventful but not so much as the day to day struggle to get her to the healthy to be born stage.

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I think part of it for me is I never really felt like I was pregnant. In fact the first day that someone told me I looked pregnant was the day I went into labour! I never felt her move, never had a kick, never got the belly, never got that photo where you hold them, didnt get that first touch etc... It often will cause a green eyed monster when friends get late in their pregnancies. Overall I got an amazing little girl, but I often will wish things were different.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Quote Originally Posted by Happily Ever After View Post
    I think part of it for me is I never really felt like I was pregnant. In fact the first day that someone told me I looked pregnant was the day I went into labour! I never felt her move, never had a kick, never got the belly, never got that photo where you hold them, didnt get that first touch etc... It often will cause a green eyed monster when friends get late in their pregnancies. Overall I got an amazing little girl, but I often will wish things were different.
    Ditto

Expert Forum User

I vividly remember both of my deliveries and pergnancies,

I had whooping cough and kidney stones my first I was sick every day until I delivered and even durring my delivery, when I was 10cm dialated then forced me into my bed and started yelling stuff at me and put masks on me and 20 or so people rushed in and they wouldn't tell me what was going on, the only reason I knew he was out of me was because I heard him cry across the room, they told me after that his heart rate dropped to the teens and the cord was around his neck,

I had the flu and kidney stones the 2nd I wasn't sick with my 2nd but I have a 3 week long labour, active labour 6 or more hours a day then it would stop (*not brakston hicks as my cervix was changing)

I was so frustrated my body was so sore from contracting to much, I got no sleep because the contractions were so intense, I was put on bed rest so I wouldn't go into premature labour. and he was born at 38week exactly, when they finally took me into the hospital I was 6cm dialated.he was born pretty easily once I hit 10 cm 2 pushes and he as out and they were shoving him at me.
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

Expert Forum User

I remember my twin pregnancy well, I was really sick and hospitalized for a month. It was a long month without internet and not much to do but stay in bed.

I remember my pregnancy very well, I loved every minute. It was the traumatic delivery I could do without the horrible memories ...
    ~ Mamabear to twins! ~

Expert Forum User

I remember some, but not all of my twins pregnancy, and bits and pieces of their delivery but don't remember the next 48 hours or so after their birth.