Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Review/recommend a Family Law lawyer please

Hi,

Im looking for a family law lawyer who can advocate effectively on my behalf. Im mom to a little girl whose daddy is fighting me for sole custody. We dont communicate and I need a lawyer with a plan of action.I need some one who is strategic and will work hard to get me results. Do any of the legal aid lawyers fit the bill?? I can borrow money from family to pay non legal aid because this is a very serious situation that I can't afford to not get right the first time.Please share your experiences and if you could give me the name of the lawyer I'd appreciate.

Has anyone ever used joanne beasley, toenie hersch, brian garlough, or lawrence blokker? can you recommend one?

Expert Forum User

I had Paul Lepine. He accepted legal aid (12 years ago when I did my custody stuff). He was very good and got me everything I wanted plus stuff I hadn't even thought about.

I've never had to deal with laywers before but, if you don't mind the travel Mark Shields in St. Thomas is a good lawyer and has represented a few people I know. He's never let them down before, and they've often raved about how good he is.
    I'm not sure what form of payment he'd take... But I'd look into him if you can.

Expert Forum User

I dont reccomend “brian garlough“. Had him and NOTHING was done/said to what I asked requested.
    NO NOISE IS BETTER THEN HEARING A CHILD'S LAUGHTER

Thanks for the tip! A friend of mine said the same thing! She said he billed her for every second of his time including quick phone calls to inquire or update info. I get that he needs to pay his bills, but billing 5 min calls in 30min increments that work out to $150 is too much.

Search JimDean Law on facebook. I'm sure he can help you out.

Social Media Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose37 View Post
    I've never had to deal with laywers before but, if you don't mind the travel Mark Shields in St. Thomas is a good lawyer and has represented a few people I know. He's never let them down before, and they've often raved about how good he is.
    I'm not sure what form of payment he'd take... But I'd look into him if you can.
    I do not recommend Mark Shield...we are using him right now....something simple a change to the order for extra access and a year and a half later and she's still not served and he doesn't return phone calls often.

Expert Forum User

try mark simpson or mark coulston
    Mom to DS - 9.5 years old
    AND

Well....I'm still fighting after 2 years...and I have to recommand my ex lawyer....yep...I wish I would of find him before my ex did...name is Kenneth Duggan.

I should of gave my 45,000.00$ to him an won instaed of a little peacock Lerners Lawyer...

Default re

I think the best way to deal with these type of cases is to find the lawyer near you that offering there services on no win no fees bases because they have a great experience in that field and you can easily win the case.Just find one on internet and hire them for your case.

Brian Garlough's reviews are less than flattering. We've been dealing with him on the opposite end of a child custody issue and in my opinion this guy just doesn't grasp the concept that a child needs both parents when both parents provide a positive healthy contribution to the child's life. He seems to have taken to spamming the internet with at least six blogs created to try and guide people to his website. I'm referring to these bullshit Wordpress blogs with no content other than a link to his website - which Wordpress's TOS says is spam. I mean SIX blogs? Come on dude... if this is your action, get a life and stop flooding Google with your name. In my opinion if you had any credibility as a decent lawyer you'd not resort to such tactics.
    Last edited by hennaway; 09-27-2014 at 12:36 AM.

I would not recommend Toenie Hersch. He would call once a month and say that there was no progress (we asked him to keep the file open) and charge $150 > Not impressed with his lack of preparation either. $5000 for one court appearance. shuffling the file and calling us monthly til we told him to close it.

Same feeling about Toenie Hersch.....forget him. He will drag it along as long as he can...billing you....right up until you are at the courthouse....then he'll advise you to settle. No work for him as then he doesn't have to actually speak in front of a judge, but he's already got lots of $$ out of you.

Oh...and he was charging us $300/hr.
    Last edited by imom22; 09-29-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Toenie Hersch , unlike other lawyers though has some morals and standards.

Trial one- he believed in my ex and in a wierd twist won for him
    trial two- saw my ex was a child beating a$$ and acted like a half butt lawyer and there fore I won
    trial three- walked into court said "im NOT representing that mad" and walked out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast