Default summer day camps?

Hi: What are your experiences with the City of London day camps (through Spectrum) ? Thanks for any input!

Bri went to one about three years ago at Carling. She had a lot of fun. I can't remember what all they did, except a couple trips to the splashpad and a show n tell day. It was a half day camp.

SarahBeth

I have no idea if this is a day camp through Spectrum but my brother and I were both camp cousellors for the Boys & Girl's Club (our Mom ran the pre-school program there too) and I would not hesitate to send my kids there - they have a fantastic program (they did when I was there anyway) and do a lot of different things and go different places with the kids.

Good luck!

Expert Forum User

My daughter went to the one at CHOCC(carling) last summer. We were going to put her in for a week, but then she had a blast and a couple of her friends were there, so then we talked to their parents and then put her in for 2 more weeks depending on when her friends were going. IT WAS FAB!!!

I second the Boys and Girls Club - my daughter went last year and had a great experience - she tried many of their camps but liked Camp on Wheels best. Great daily activities - swimming, fishing, walks to the park, etc. Here's a link:
    http://www.bgclondon.ca/

I don't know but if you find me can you send me home???

Those camps look great and so much better value then the spectrum because they are full days. I think I will be sending my eldest one there instead of something spectrum.....

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I thought the basic Spectrum camps were all-day and $92 or $98?

Jenna has attended the day camp at Oakridge Arena and really enjoyed it. I have also sent her to the one at Storybook Gardens and she really liked that as well.....not sure what to do this summer!!

Hi: Thanks for the replies! The Spectrum ones are for full days at my daughter's age (6) You can even add on swimming lessons at the end of the days for an extra $20 per week. As much as the Boys and Girls Club would be good, it's not near my house and I work when my daughter is at day camp so convenience is the key!! (I'd be looking at Oakridge Arena or Byron Community Centre) She was at Byron last year for a few weeks but I wanted some other moms views to help me feel more at ease with my choice! Thanks again.