Thread: Strange Rash?

Expert Forum User

Question Strange Rash?

My forearms and legs/butt are covered in these little red itchy bumps. It comes and goes, and looks like a rash.
    At first I thought maybe I'm allergic to the detergent that is scented and was recently used on our clothes, but today I was thinking about it and wouldn't I be covered on my back and stomach too?

It's deffinately a reaction to something. If I take benedryl it goes away but always comes back. I had planned to go to the doctors for it, but when I was able to go the rash had disappeared and I dont think they can do anything about something they can't see?

Any ideas?

it could be detergent....it doesn't necessarily affect every part of your body if you are allergic

I react to scented lotions, soaps, and shaving creams but I don't react over my entire body. Mostly lower legs, stomach, and hands. I have eczema that's caused by contact with that stuff. I also get it when my skin is dry.

Make sure you keep your skin moisturized and try getting rid of the scented products.
    Mom to a sweet baby boy, born August 6, 2012.

Expert Forum User

rule out anything new that you've come in contact with could be up to 2 weeks.
    (*could also be stress.)
    I always get a rash on the inside of my elbow when I'm seriously stressed and how perfect its also 3 or 4 open “dots“ of rash so it looks like im a junkie perfect!
    aren't rashes fun??
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by DMSco View Post
    rule out anything new that you've come in contact with could be up to 2 weeks.
    (*could also be stress.)
    I always get a rash on the inside of my elbow when I'm seriously stressed and how perfect its also 3 or 4 open “dots“ of rash so it looks like im a junkie perfect!
    aren't rashes fun??
    Lol, yea i'm looking like a bit of a junkie. Theres open dots all up both arms.
    I have sensitive skin, I'm allergic to deodorant - so I have to use a special kind, can't use dove or speed stick or any of that. I'm allergic to certain laundry detergents, I'm allergic to shaving cream so I have to use baby soap to shave... So it very well could be the detergent. I've told SO not to use that detergent on my clothes or the bedding. So I'll just suffer through til laundry day and then we'll go back to the blue purex rather then the green scented purex.