Expert Forum User

Unhappy I've put my back out!!

OMG I can't believe this. I was sitting on the couch with Sophie on my lap at about 7 tonight, when all of a sudden this huge pain shot down my leg and up my back. I seriously couldn't move and I nearly dropped Sophie. Thank goodness my sister was sitting beside me and she grabbed her. I am in so much pain, I can't sit up or stand or basically move without help. And let me tell you I have felt pain (my aneurysm and aftermath) and this is pretty far up there in the ratings.
    I don't know what to do. I have been plunked in this chair because laying down for the last while was becoming so painful.

OWWWWWW!!!!
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Oh man, nothing hurts quite like a bad back. Can you take some medication for it? Like Robaxicet (sp?) or even Advil might help if its inflamed. Hope it gets better fast. I've had the bad back and its horrible, specially when you have little ones wondering why you can't pick them up.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

I have had a similar experience. (mine was pinched nerves) I made a call to my chiropractor and then put ice on it. Hope you're feeling better soon. Let me know if you need a chiro referral.
    Last edited by julia; 03-18-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Expert Forum User

I have also had a similar experience. I had a buldging disc and ended up not being able to move at all after putting my DD into her crib. I ended up having to get pain med from the ER so that I could at least stand up and then I got a referral for physio from my doctor. The physio was amazing.

I used to work as a kinesiologist in a rehab clinic so I knew what I should do but was in so much pain I couldn't actually do anything!

I was about to post what I actually did but think it is best to do with the guidence of a physio. Depending on exactly what they think is going on (from your assessment) it could change a couple of your positions.

I can recommend a great physio for you if you need one. If it is a buldging disc you can have relief the first day you go in the clinic.

Expert Forum User

Yikes! I hope you're feeling better soon. That sounds awful.

Expert Forum User

I hope you are feeling better. I did that at Christmas time and went through days of being in pain. I finally went to the chiropractor and he fixed me up. Let me know if you would like his number he is amazing and has great hours. I got his number through the emergency chiropractic line.
    Shannon

Nothing is Impossible, if you just Believe