Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Pepsi uses Aborted Fetuses

NaturalNews) The Obama Administration has given its blessing to PepsiCo to continue utilizing the services of a company that produces flavor chemicals for the beverage giant using aborted human fetal tissue. LifeSiteNews.com reports that the Obama Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) has decided that PepsiCo's arrangement with San Diego, Cal.-based Senomyx, which produces flavor enhancing chemicals for Pepsi using human embryonic kidney tissue, simply constitutes "ordinary business operations."

The issue began in 2011 when the non-profit group Children of God for Life (CGL) first broke the news about Pepsi's alliance with Senomyx, which led to massive outcry and a worldwide boycott of Pepsi products. At that time, it was revealed that Pepsi had many other options at its disposal to produce flavor chemicals, which is what its competitors do, but had instead chosen to continue using aborted fetal cells -- or as Senomyx deceptively puts it, "isolated human taste receptors" (http://www.naturalnews.com).

A few months later, Pepsi' shareholders filed a resolution petitioning the company to "adopt a corporate policy that recognizes human rights and employs ethical standards which do not involve using the remains of aborted human beings in both private and collaborative research and development agreements." But the Obama Administration shut down this 36-page proposal, deciding instead that Pepsi's used of aborted babies to flavor its beverage products is just business as usual, and not a significant concern.

"We're not talking about what kind of pencils PepsiCo wants to use -- we are talking about exploiting the remains of an aborted child for profit," said Debi Vinnedge, Executive Director of CGL, concerning the SEC decision. "Using human embryonic kidney (HEK-293) to produce flavor enhancers for their beverages is a far cry from routine operations!"

To be clear, the aborted fetal tissue used to make Pepsi's flavor chemicals does not end up in the final product sold to customers, according to reports -- it is used, instead, to evaluate how actual human taste receptors respond to these chemical flavorings. But the fact that Pepsi uses them at all when viable, non-human alternatives are available illustrates the company's blatant disregard for ethical and moral concerns in the matter.

Back in January, Oklahoma Senator Ralph Shortey proposed legislation to ban the production of aborted fetal cell-derived flavor chemicals in his home state. If passed, S.B. 1418 would also reportedly ban the sale of any products that contain flavor chemicals derived from human fetal tissue, which includes Pepsi products as well as products produced by Kraft and Nestle (http://www.naturalnews.com).

I'm not looking for a debate- just posted it here cuz of various opinions. But is this real/true??

Cuz its very disturbing to me!

Article taken from ....
    http://www.naturalnews.com/035276_Pe...perations.html
    Last edited by mom of three; 04-02-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Love isn't love till you give it away.

Expert Forum User

Well, honestly, it doesn't really bother me. It's interesting, and really, no one is getting hurt. We don't consume it when we drink Pepsi. I might get slammed for it, but I don't find it disturbing, and it doesn't change my views of Pepsi.

It is an interesting read though.
    Last edited by Youngmom; 04-02-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Danielle
    Mom of 4

Give me a second to digest all this new info to me and then I'll post... Holy crud...

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

M2M

Quote Originally Posted by Youngmom View Post
    Well, honestly, it doesn't really bother me. It's interesting, and really, no one is getting hurt. We don't consume it when we drink Pepsi. I might get slammed for it, but I don't find it disturbing, and it doesn't change my views of Pepsi.

Agreed

Expert Forum User

Here's what Snopes says about it: snopes.com: Pepsi Uses Fetal Cells?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Youngmom View Post

ITA as well...
    Now if there were human cells IN the drink it would be a whole other story.

Expert Forum User

Well, I can assure you that it does matter to me. And we won't be buying Pepsi products any more, (not that we do much anyways), since it appears to be true.

My children aren't vaccinated because so many of them were developed using aborted fetal cell lines. (Yes, I know it was 30+ years ago.) They won't be drinking pop that's flavoured with them either!

I looked up Senomyx on Wikipedia- The page states other brands that work with this company to “amplify certain flavors and smells in foods“

Senomyx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From what I understand, they are using tissue that was from a fetus aborted in the 70's. They keep cloning the tissue. Regardless of when it was aborted though, it still kind of makes me sick.

www.facebook.com/bethanysbands

Expert Forum User

I feel sick about it honestly...
    I've looked on a few sites hoping to prove it false.. I love pepsi.. BUT
    PepsiCo Accused of Using Aborted Fetal Cells in Drinks - US - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com
    Pepsi Uses Aborted Fetal Cells In Flavor Enhancers
    *What you have to realise, is that you don't truly know a single person involved in your life.. not really.
    You know what they want you to know, but everyone keeps secrets ~

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by pink-lily View Post
    I looked up Senomyx on Wikipedia- The page states other brands that work with this company to “amplify certain flavors and smells in foods“

Senomyx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From what I understand, they are using tissue that was from a fetus aborted in the 70's. They keep cloning the tissue. Regardless of when it was aborted though, it still kind of makes me sick.
    After reading the link there... I feel like a guinea pig or something. LIke.. THANKS folks for putting weird things in my food and altering how my body reacts to things WITHOUT my permission...
    *What you have to realise, is that you don't truly know a single person involved in your life.. not really.
    You know what they want you to know, but everyone keeps secrets ~

Expert Forum User

But if you choose to eat/drink altered things then that is a choice. I didn't really read a lot but sounds gross

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by doda94 View Post
    Well, I can assure you that it does matter to me. And we won't be buying Pepsi products any more, (not that we do much anyways), since it appears to be true.

My children aren't vaccinated because so many of them were developed using aborted fetal cell lines. (Yes, I know it was 30+ years ago.) They won't be drinking pop that's flavoured with them either!
    But it states that it doesn't end up IN the drink. They use them for the testing process.
    Danielle
    Mom of 4

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Alright I hate science.. dumb this down for me and then I will form an opinon.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

M2M

Quote Originally Posted by Happily Ever After View Post
    Alright I hate science.. dumb this down for me and then I will form an opinon.
    They are using pieces of the kidney of aborted fetuses to monitor the reaction of human cells to new tastes. If the cells receptors react positively then thats a good sign the flavour will be positively received by live humans.

The fetuses(or fetus) that they are using was going to be aborted regardless. It isnt like either companies are paying pregnant women to abort. I would much rather the fetus (or parts) go to science rather than be aborted and go to nothing.
    Last edited by M2M; 04-02-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast