Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default White Oaks area?

Looking for any input or advice re: White Oaks area. PM if you're more comfortable with that.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

My friend lives in that area over on Jelna by Bradley. She likes the area bc of.the diversity of the neighbourhood.
    Scentsy Rep. on Facebook Perfectly-Scented Scentsy my website www.perfectly-scented.scentsy.ca

Fundraising to get our daughter a service dog. please feel free to visit her fundraising page https://www.facebook.com/groups/415637608516807/

SPARKLE TATTOO!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Danas...41850885905215

Expert Forum User

PMd you

M2M

I love being over here. Although Im not sure I count as white oaks, I'm Westminster park. Im probably biased since I grew up over here as well, but I really do love our neighbourhood. We live right by an optimist club and every day there are free activities for the kids, easter egg hunts, haunted house, free movie and popcorn nights, free day camp....etc

But yeah I love it over here. Is it as nice as say westmount or Byron? no, but We've had no trouble. I think if you go looking for it sure, but we have great neighbours all around.

my aunt loves it.
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by mom2markus View Post
    I love being over here. Although Im not sure I count as white oaks, I'm Westminster park. Im probably biased since I grew up over here as well, but I really do love our neighbourhood. We live right by an optimist club and every day there are free activities for the kids, easter egg hunts, haunted house, free movie and popcorn nights, free day camp....etc

But yeah I love it over here. Is it as nice as say westmount or Byron? no, but We've had no trouble. I think if you go looking for it sure, but we have great neighbours all around.
    Sorry to hijack...what Optimist Club? The one on Southdale?

And back to the thread, I grew up in Westminster Park area - and it was nice. Very diverse - ethnically and economically. There are nice reasonably priced homes, and lots of amenities. White Oaks used to get a bad rap, but I think it has come along way, and had so many resources - the pool, community centre, huge park, the mall, and is close to the highway as well.

M2M

Quote Originally Posted by BemusedMom View Post
    Sorry to hijack...what Optimist Club? The one on Southdale?

And back to the thread, I grew up in Westminster Park area - and it was nice. Very diverse - ethnically and economically. There are nice reasonably priced homes, and lots of amenities. White Oaks used to get a bad rap, but I think it has come along way, and had so many resources - the pool, community centre, huge park, the mall, and is close to the highway as well.
    Nope the one on Osgoode (between st francis and wilton grove), its not so much a building but a double wide trailer. Its a pretty awesome place. They forever have the kids involved in the community and have a summer fun fair every year.

I've noticed the prices for rentals and for sale in White Oaks seem considerably cheaper than some of the other areas of London, excepting downtown, which doesn't suit me because there's fewer discount stores, grocery stores, etc there.
    Just wondered if there's some reason why it seems cheaper?

My dh's aunt lives there, and likes it, and we always like it when we visit, but that's limited time of course. I like that the yards seem big, seems there's lots of trails and stuff to cut through places instead of walking allll the way around (like to school for example) and that there's walmart, library, etc. Just not sure where they go for groceries?

Hmm.
    St.Thomas is just not panning out with much selection
    This is the next place I'm obsessing about lol.
    Thanks guys!
    Will keep prowling mls and kijiji.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

M2M

By me, within walking distance for groceries, I have No Frills, Giant Tiger, wal mart, and a Food Basics (a little bit further to get to) and Fresh Co is one bus ride, as well as Metro.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

There's a Food Basics and No Frills right in the middle of White Oaks. And the WalMart at the mall.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

And if you ever want me to scope anything out, happy to assist.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

I am happy in the area, grew up in westminster park (close to Whiteoaks) and currently live and work near Whiteoaks area. It is conveniently located to many stores, parks, highway...I don't feel my street has the 'neighbourly' feel but, I do feel very safe...all my family is close by as well! It is a very multicultural area, I am happy with our school..you can pm me if u have any questions

I am Westminster Park as well and really like the area. Haven't taken part in the activities at the park yet but hope to soon now that DS is older.

Need a car seat tech:
    www.londoncarseatsafety.com

Where is Westminister Park? I always thought that was near Westmininster High school, which is far from White Oaks.

M2M

Quote Originally Posted by ChinUp View Post
    Where is Westminister Park? I always thought that was near Westmininster High school, which is far from White Oaks.
    Im in the heart of it it goes from Southdale and Adelaide to Millbank and pondmills. Might stretch out further, not sure of the exact start and finish.

ETA well the main intersections would be Southdale and Adelaide, Southdale and Millbank, Adelaide and Bradly....
    Last edited by M2M; 03-27-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast