Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOFT sued?

Quote Originally Posted by LauraWeare View Post
    I don't know if there is any truth to this, but I heard from a friend that was looking into going to the SOFT clinic that they were being sued because during the procedure something went wrong and now the women can never had children? I don't know if this is the same instanced referenced above or if it's recent, but I'll ask her next time I speak to her.

This - I saw this on the news not long ago, it is recent.
    ~ Mamabear to twins! ~

Expert Forum User

I believe the woman who is suing already has 1, maybe 2, children from her treatment through SOFT. Her issue is that they treated her with medication so heavily and so long that she's now unable to have any MORE children. At least that's the one that that I read about.........

Expert Forum User

~ Mamabear to twins! ~

Expert Forum User

I don't believe that Dr. Frank was actually working at SOFT when many of these allegations occurred that Babylove posted but she is now since the College has restricted her practice.

This is the article that I was referring to: A baby at any cost? | News | National Post

Quote Originally Posted by doda94 View Post
    I don't believe that Dr. Frank was actually working at SOFT when many of these allegations occurred that Babylove posted but she is now since the College has restricted her practice.

This is the article that I was referring to: A baby at any cost? | News | National Post
    No she wasnt working there at the time, she was still in St Thomas, however Dr Martin from SOFT was referring his patients to her KNOWING she was on restrictions..
    ~ Mamabear to twins! ~

Expert Forum User

Well, they are married so I guess that isn't surprising........

Expert Forum User

I say I go there. It's an excellent clinic with a great success rate. There was a record number of Pregnancies in May, and you have the choice of what YOU want to do when it comes to your fertility.
    Last edited by Chantelle; 06-22-2012 at 06:31 PM.

I agree, your choice for sure, but there should be some level of trust with your doctor. Any doctor that would refer you to another one that he knows is on restriction without disclosing that to his patients, I'd have to think twice about his ethics ...
    ~ Mamabear to twins! ~

Expert Forum User

I believe that currently there is no legal obligation for any physician to disclose the fact that they or another phsyician are on restriction to their patients. There may be practice monitors involved who oversee what goes on so I think in the eyes of the College that minimizes risk.

Quote Originally Posted by ZooMama View Post
    I believe that currently there is no legal obligation for any physician to disclose the fact that they or another phsyician are on restriction to their patients. There may be practice monitors involved who oversee what goes on so I think in the eyes of the College that minimizes risk.
    I think you're right, there may not be any legal obligation, but as a moral ethic or doctor patient ethics it wouldnt sit well with me personally knowing the doctor who's care I'm under is not looking out for my best interest.
    ~ Mamabear to twins! ~

Expert Forum User

It's a grey area for them...nothing has been proven wrong, just that things are being questioned officially. I know what you're saying and have spoken to a physician about this exact subject. It's not so much that they're not looking out for their patients best interest but they also don't want to tarnish the reputation of a fellow doctor.

Personally I feel that the physician/practice should have to inform patients of these circumstances and what it means...otherwise IMO there cannot be any informed consent because all of the factors have not been stated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12