Default 18 month and almost 4 year old....

Anyone in the same boat this Spring...I have a very active 18 month old who wants to ride my daughter's small trike but I don;t have anything right now for her...I am not sure what I should do...I need to keep my hands free for both girls at the moment...my 4 year old can ride her trike pretty well..but she is outgrowing it. Do I get her a bigger trike and keep her confidence going until next year and then get her a training wheel bike ??? and buy a push parent trike for my 18 month old or just one of those step 2 push buggies and save the smaller trike until next year when she is ready...I have been looking on Kijijii for any deals but nothing right now. What are you guys doing this Spring/summer...I want to keep the costs down on the bikes. If my daughter goes to a training wheel bike she will need help to push and therefore I will need my hands free for that so I am thinking the push buggie might be better..
    SAHM to 4 year old and 2 year old.

Expert Forum User

My now 4.5 year old had a bike last year -- it didn't get used as she hadn't mastered the trike. Now she's pretty well outgrown the bike she had...

I'm thinking this summer when she's 5, she's going to need a new bike. I have no idea what to do with DD2 (who will be 2) this summer...

Last summer she loves the Whisper Ride Buggy... she still rides in it every day to go to the bus stop.

I have considered getting my soon to be 2 year old a balance bike...

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...n#BVQAWidgetID
    Last edited by a_bun_in_the_oven; 02-29-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Yeah we are looking into the plasma balance bike for my 18 month old...and then just get a bigger trike for my almost 4 year old and she can master that trike this year and get her onto a training wheel bike next year...she can even use the balance bike too I heard it was good up to 5 year olds. I can see our garage is going to be packed this year with our stroller, wagon our bikes and now two new ones...Yikes!

In researching the balance bike...they are a waste of money...just buy a very small bike and lower the seat and take the pedals off and then they will have a bike to use when they are ready to pedal am I wrong???