Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    HippieMama

Default My diaper stash!

I couldn't sleep after Aiden woke up at 5:00, so I did a load of diapers. Then I realized that all of my CDs were clean, except the one he was wearing, so I decided to document the stash! This doesn't include some mediums I have that are packed away until he's bigger, and some hand me down fitteds that we don't use (also packed up), but it is the full rotation in current use!

So the list is from L to R:
    back row
    1 KindHeartedWoman cotton/hemp fitted
    2 My Precious Baby flannel fitted
    4 Kissaluv fitteds (nubby cotton)
    5 My Precious Baby velour fitteds (my favourite fitted by far!!!)
    4 My Precious Baby aplix tab diapers - 2 pockets, 2 AIOs
    4 My Precious Baby snap pockets - 3 suede cloth, 2 fleece
    1 kid in a FuzziBunz!
    5 other Small FuzziBunz
    front row
    extra inserts
    2 Bummi NB covers
    3 Bummi S covers
    1 MotherEase cover
    1 random red cover that got pilly really quickly
    18 prefolds (not all pictured, but you get the idea)

Yay for MPB.

Here's mine, outdated by about 2 years now, so add probably 15 diapers, heh.

Edit - OMG, that's REALLY outdated. It doesn't have any of the fitteds I made and tons of others. I really should take a new pic.

Expert Forum User

Theres a semi-recent picture of mine, without giant stacks of prefolds. She fits in both premiums and infants right now and I've got a 2 dozen coloured ones for each size. I've got a few recent purchases that still aren't in rotation yet either - all too big or too small stuff is put away.

girlsmum

Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    I couldn't sleep after Aiden woke up at 5:00, so I did a load of diapers. Then I realized that all of my CDs were clean, except the one he was wearing, so I decided to document the stash! This doesn't include some mediums I have that are packed away until he's bigger, and some hand me down fitteds that we don't use (also packed up), but it is the full rotation in current use!

So the list is from L to R:
    back row
    1 KindHeartedWoman cotton/hemp fitted
    2 My Precious Baby flannel fitted
    4 Kissaluv fitteds (nubby cotton)
    5 My Precious Baby velour fitteds (my favourite fitted by far!!!)
    4 My Precious Baby aplix tab diapers - 2 pockets, 2 AIOs
    4 My Precious Baby snap pockets - 3 suede cloth, 2 fleece
    1 kid in a FuzziBunz!
    5 other Small FuzziBunz
    front row
    extra inserts
    2 Bummi NB covers
    3 Bummi S covers
    1 MotherEase cover
    1 random red cover that got pilly really quickly
    18 prefolds (not all pictured, but you get the idea)
    Hmm...........you've got more dipes than I have to use on my twins and they go thru them really quick. It's hard to keep up a lot of the time.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Aww great pics! I was just going thru my dipes for my newborn coming soon last night... I love cloth diapers!!
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

girlsmum

Quote Originally Posted by myrrah View Post
    Aww great pics! I was just going thru my dipes for my newborn coming soon last night... I love cloth diapers!!
    Hi Ali, guess my little Celties are going to go into a box for Vicky's LO's, they are still here with me, I've put them away as my little fav's. I've posted them too many times now.

Nice pictures
    I have too many diapers ... but I like them I could get away with less, but it is handy for when you don't wash the right day (or bad poops like last week, yuck!)

Pat - did you list them on Kijiji? I didn't see them show up there and there is where I have the best luck selling diapers. I find that pocket cloth diapers aren't known enough that you really have to write a detailed description and the sizing that the manufacturer uses.

mumtobelle

Quote Originally Posted by a_bun_in_the_oven View Post

Theres a semi-recent picture of mine, without giant stacks of prefolds. She fits in both premiums and infants right now and I've got a 2 dozen coloured ones for each size. I've got a few recent purchases that still aren't in rotation yet either - all too big or too small stuff is put away.
    How do you keep your BG's looking so fresh? Mine are so beaten up after 9 months of wear. My girlfriend is going to replace the velcro tabs as they are pretty much shot.

I think my DH would have a heart attack if we ever had near as many dipes as you ladies do. Lol
    Last edited by Leigh; 03-15-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by mumtobelle View Post
    How do you keep your BG's looking so fresh? Mine are so beaten up after 9 months of wear. My girlfriend is going to replace the velcro tabs as they are pretty much shot.
    I'm pretty anal about them since I know they wear pretty bad. I typically only use them for nighttime or when I know I won't be changing her as often as I normally do - and carefully fold them over every time I take them off and then recheck before tossing them in the wash.

I bought mine new in October or November (when they were $26 at Cheeky Monkey, with no coupon - ouch) so they are like 6 months old. So far no leaky tabs on the OS either (unlike my 2nd hand AIOs). Most my other diapers are snaps, so I don't really need to worry about other things getting stuck on them in the wash

mumtobelle

Quote Originally Posted by a_bun_in_the_oven View Post
    I'm pretty anal about them since I know they wear pretty bad. I typically only use them for nighttime or when I know I won't be changing her as often as I normally do - and carefully fold them over every time I take them off and then recheck before tossing them in the wash.

I bought mine new in October or November (when they were $26 at Cheeky Monkey, with no coupon - ouch) so they are like 6 months old. So far no leaky tabs on the OS either (unlike my 2nd hand AIOs). Most my other diapers are snaps, so I don't really need to worry about other things getting stuck on them in the wash
    My tabs have never leaked but my laundry tabs are worn down to nothing. There's nothing for the velcro to adhere to anymore Great fitting diaper but the tabs are crappy.

Everyone's kids look so cute next to their diapers. I have two in cloth so I never have enough clean at any one time to make for an impressive photo op!

Quote Originally Posted by mumtobelle View Post
    My tabs have never leaked but my laundry tabs are worn down to nothing. There's nothing for the velcro to adhere to anymore Great fitting diaper but the tabs are crappy.

Everyone's kids look so cute next to their diapers. I have two in cloth so I never have enough clean at any one time to make for an impressive photo op!
    They also changed them near the end while they were still 2.0s. They improved the stretch part to reduce chance of leaking and reduce pilling and I believe improved the tabs. I have a couple that were clearance from the US at the end before the 3.0s come out and I know they are much newer than the others I have so that makes a big difference, but they don't look like they're going to wear as fast as the others, so that could be a difference!

Did you get tab replacements from CottonBabies? I have to really replace the tabs on one diaper immediately

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

That's fun! I remember the days when I used to sort my diapers. Now they all go in a giant pile in DD's old bassinet, except for the premium prefolds, which find themselves on the change table shelf, cause they take up too much space in the bassinet. If I remember I'll take a pic sometime!

mumtobelle

Quote Originally Posted by lhastie View Post
    Did you get tab replacements from CottonBabies? I have to really replace the tabs on one diaper immediately
    Fill me in please I thought it was a sorry about your luck kind of thing.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by lhastie View Post
    They also changed them near the end while they were still 2.0s. They improved the stretch part to reduce chance of leaking and reduce pilling and I believe improved the tabs. I have a couple that were clearance from the US at the end before the 3.0s come out and I know they are much newer than the others I have so that makes a big difference, but they don't look like they're going to wear as fast as the others, so that could be a difference!

Ah, yes, I think I got the new and improved 2.0s ... less then a month before they were reduced due to the impending 3.0s :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast