Thread: Endo Diet...

Question Endo Diet...

For those with Endometriosis and on the Endo Diet...
    I've read a lot about it and have actually cut down a lot of things and upped other things... I went from 7 pops a day (if not more depending on the day) to 1 or none a day. I upped my omega 3 intake, and have been watching my gluten intake.
    So far I'm seeing a difference and it's only been a month and a half. I've cut out all fast foods too and anything fried, most junk food as well...
    The pain doesn't linger like it use to... I was in pain 3 weeks out of four and a half now it's only about a week total. Around ovulation and my monthly. The problem is it is much, MUCH more severe when I'm actually in pain.
    I literally took two extra strength advils, waited an hour and a half for nothing to happen, then took two extra strength Tylenol and nothing happened again. I NEVER take pain killers and I find that one advil usually works wonders but none of those even touched the pain I was in. I laid awake until 3am hoping I'd just pass out from exhaustion.
    Is there something else anyone would suggest to add into my diet or take away? My dietitian has helped me as much as she can now it's just playing around until I know what exactly causes discomfort and what helps... It's difficult since every woman is different. I'm putting oatmeal in a lot of things and upping my iron intake as well, and I've cut down my red meat intake.
    Has anyone tried this apple vinegar solution people have been raving about? DF insists he's done a lot of research on it and tons say it works but he can't tell me WHY it works...

Social Media Guru

Chickpeas are suppposed to help...easy to add to anything as well.

Besides diet chiropractic and massage therapy are supposed to work as well.

Are you part of the Endo Support Group that meets monthly? If interested PM me, they had lots of suggestions.

I'll come back to this post when I'm more awake I've tried everything and the only thing that worked for me is horomonally putting me into menopause for three months....however thats not a permanent solution....unfortunately

PMing you!

Wonderful news! Sounds like you are making great strides in your diet. Is your diet anti inflammatory removing all inflammatory foods? Have you considered detoxing and doing some hormone balancing? That would be the first step. Keep up the great work!
    Vanessa Case RHN
    Registered Holistic Nutritionist
    www.ournaturalconnection.com
    Creator of 10 Day Whole Food Detox!
    FB: www.facebook.com/ournaturalconnection
    Twitter: vanessa_onc
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/vanessacaserhn/
    BLOG: www.ournaturalconnectin.com/apps/blog

Any comments made on this forum are expressed as a personal opinion and comment. A full professional assessment is necessary to make proper recommendations specific to YOUR needs.

Thank you!
    I removed as much inflammatory food as possible and started concentrating on making my diet consist largely of anti-inflammatory foods. I take in a lot of omega-3 rich foods and a lot of oatmeal (mostly in iron muffins), which has a lot of properties similar to evening primrose.
    I've considered detoxing but haven't looked into it too much. Right now I'm not doing any hormone balancing, unless it comes from my diet - I know some of the foods I eat do effect my hormones.