Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinterest

Expert Forum User

Default Pinterest

I appologize if this has already been posted somewhere.

Talk to me about pinterest, I keep hearing about it, but what is it? Is it worth signing up? Is it just another time waster, like FB? I want to know the good, the bad and the ugly.

Thanks ladies.

Abo****ely worth signing up for it.
    It is like cutting out all your favorite pics and things from magazines.
    You can make your own “boards“ you can follow friends.

It's great..but yes it can be a huge time waster. I try to stick with a purpose otherwise I can get lost on there for hours.
    It's a great place to take all your favourites and keep a visual record of them.

I like pinning recipes and have come across some great ones.
    Calvin: People think it must be fun to be a super genius but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Hobbes: Isn't your zipper suppose to be in the front of your pants?

I tried signing up & was told I needed to wait for an invite email. Not sure what I did wrong.
    Sarah, Mommy to Lindsay October 8, 2003, Logan November 23, 2006 & Cohen September 18, 2010

Expert Forum User

OK, I didn't realize it was an invite thing.

Also is there a way to organize the things you like? Or am I just going to have a whole bunch of recipies, crafts etc and still have to search to find what I like?

I know some people have to wait for an invite or to be approved. (which ever it is)
    When I signed up it said I would have to wait, than about 10 minutes I was logged on. I may have just timed things well because I know other people have had to wait.
    Calvin: People think it must be fun to be a super genius but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Hobbes: Isn't your zipper suppose to be in the front of your pants?

I was invited and was in right away....if you request I have heard it can take some time to get on. But I can email and invite to anyone if they want.

It is a time waster but also have a lot of great stuff on it. I just try to not go on daily

Expert Forum User

I like it. Its a way for me to collect things without actually collecting things.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Beard View Post
    I like it. Its a way for me to collect things without actually collecting things.
    I like this idea, you should see the piles of clipping I have for recipies, crafts, cute ideas, etc. On second thought, you'd better not, it's almost embarassing the pile I have.

Your files are called boards. You can name your boards anything you like. Baking recipes. Meat recipes. Definitely want to try recipes. Then when you click to repin it it will give you the choice which board you want it in. It is all fairly simple. There is so much to choose from too! Recipes (which I just put under my food one), style, photography, decor, crafts, neat ideas...the list goes on. It is neat because you can also see what your friends have pinned and pin those too. I have made some nice recipes from there.

Expert Forum User

I have browsed but not signed in yet. I'm not super crafty so I don't know If i would just browse/drool and move on or actually act on it.

There definitly are some good recipes though.
    Love isn't love till you give it away.

Expert Forum User

Alright you ladies have convinced me. If anyone has an invite they can pass on please send it to me.

Expert Forum User

Before pinterest I was forever bookmarking things, and had this bookmark list of like a billion things that took forever to scroll through and couldn't remember what any of them even were. Pinterest is like visual bookmarks for me, all organized into categories, now any site I see I can pin it to a board with a pic of what it is, plus repin stuff that others have found. I found alot of the cooking blogs, magazines, websites have a board so I follow them and can repin stuff too.

Expert Forum User

Its addicting thats for sure. I have tried a few recipes and have a couple crafts and that I am going to do with the kids. My brother is getting married next year so its nice to see all the things for weddings as well.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Hopelessly addicted. It's as much of a time suck as you let it be. If you spend all day finding pictures of outfits you'll never wear or gourmet meals you'll never cook, then it's a waste of time. However, if you pin things you'll actually use, it's quite an efficient way to find and collect things. It took me a while to really figure out how to use it effectively, but now I can't get away from it.

Did you find someone to invite you? PM me your email address if you haven't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast