Default A question for you Daddy's out there

Hello to all the daddy's here.

My husband and I have a newly potty trained little girl and my husband ran into a bit of a dilemma yesterday. For the first time since she was potty trained he took her out just the two of them and while they were out he had to go to the washroom. While they were in public, there was no one else there that he knew that he could leave her with so he could use the washroom.

He was able to hold it until he got home but we wondered how should we handle this in the future. Are there any dads to little girls who have been in this situation before and if so, how do you handle it?

Thanks!

Expert Forum User

I asked DH he said find a family washroom. They have them at the malls. Or go to a gas station.
    THANK YOU TO EVERYONE-WE WON! -BIG LM'S HUGS!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------

Please forgive me, I know that I can not spell
    ----------------------------------------------------

Treasure your loved ones, in a blink of an eye they can be gone and there is no second chance to show them how much you loved them.

Expert Forum User

DH says he would bring her into the restroom, go into a stall and make her face away from him for privacy. Then out. Maybe shout a warning to see if anyone is in the stall.

Also there are family bathrooms where kids can go in with parents.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

My kids have seen dh pee plenty of times.
    If he's in public alone with them he either uses a family washroom or else he does a quick check to see if anyone's at the urinals, and then just takes her into the stall with him.
    Nothing wrong with asking her to face away since stalls are such cramped quarters, kinda awkward otherwise, but in the family ones I don't think he'd even bother with that. Just pee.

But, we let them see us peeing when training them so that it seemed more normal, less stressful y'know? So it wasn't some huge novelty.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

I have the opposite problem but the same my DS is with me i bring him into the stall with me and he watches the door its a normal thing now he just does it

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

Thanks so much everyone. My husband was pretty freaked out about what to do, he was going to do what you all suggested but was worried for some reason and rushed home as soon as the event was over. He feels better knowing his initial thought was what others were / are doing!

Expert Forum User

We had that same problem a while ago, he ended up bringing her home so he could pee and then went back out. I fond it funny that she os 3 1/2 and he has only run into this problem once. Shows how often they are out without me.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

DH would use a family washroom or take her in. our kids see us use the bathroom all the time. If she needed to go he would just take her in the mens washroom.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User

Family washrooms are awesome. When my boys were little I had the same issue and would seek out the handicapped stall so I could have all three in the stall with me. A little shout as I'm walking in with boys for a heads up to any sensitive women using the washroom.
    I would think a loud heads up for the men's washroom would be needed for those standing outside the stalls at urinals.

Expert Forum User

What pps have said already. And, he should be prepared to know - what's HE going to do when SHE has to go? I'd think the same thing.
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown